Chapter 3

Today is the day before Christmas eve, It's already two weeks since Kyle and me met, and we've been going out together since Katie and James are busy doing stuff. Today I asked Katie to help me with the grocery, we planned to have a Christmas party at my house all night, but since Katie and James had something to do together, Katie asked Kyle if he could help me with the grocery and he said yes.

           When we arrived at the grocery store and we agreed that he will be in-charge of the drinks while I'll be in the food.

             I was pushing my cart when I didn't notice someone standing and hit him. He let out a groan. "Oh my, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to--" standing in front of me was Carl. I fought the urge to cry and slap him hard.

"Fancy seeing you here, Cass." 

"Fancy seeing you here too, I'm so sorry."

He smiled, "it's okay."

              I was about to walk away when I heard a female voice approaching Carl. "Honey, I can't find the--" she stopped and looked confuse, "--hi, uhh, I'm sorry have we met?" she looked nice and adorable although she's a little sassy. I didn't answer and Carl didn't spoke either.

"Do you know each other honey?" she asked Carl.

         Carl looked at me like he was telling me he doesn't want to tell our past relationship. "She’s my uhh, my, she's my--" I saw Kyle searching for me and he saw me, I smiled at him, the kind of smile like asking him to save me.

"Hey babe, I've been looking all over for you" Kyle just kissed me without any permission and Carl looked at me confused. Kyle wrapped his right arm on my waist and I felt secured.

"Cass, this is Cassandra my girlfriend and honey, this is Cassey, uhh my childhood play mate." I felt a little anger to him not being honest to his girl.

"Oh, uhh, Carl this is Kyle my boyfriend--"

"Fiancé actually." he corrected,

"Yeah, fiancé, uhh, babe this is Carl." I felt a little awkward, 

"Hey, where did you find that?" Cassandra asked Kyle pointing the wine.

"It’s in the bottom of the wine shelf, we're having a party at Cassey's house tonight, you should come. party starts at eight." Kyle invited them and they said they will come and Cassandra smiled excitedly.

        We said good bye to them and I remained quiet the whole time and I noticed that he didn't let go of my hand. We walked our way back to his car and I remained quiet.

"Hey babe, you know what, I realized something."

"Don’t call me babe Kyle, I'm not you're babe." I tried fighting my cheeks not to turn red.

"You are now, you are my fiancée now remember?" he said teasingly

"It wouldn't come this far if you didn't kiss me. What's your realization?"

"I decided not to tell you, its better this way, If I won't tell you, you will keep talking to me and by the way you're cute when you're blushing."

"You're unfair!"

             I saw him glancing at me and smile and I told myself I should just play with his joke, maybe his doing it as a help to show Carl that I have moved on.

"So Kyle...."

"Babe!" he corrected.

"So babe, where's my engagement ring?" I raised my left ring finger.