Chapter 18

Everything went fine and good for the first two days before Kyle will leave. We spend our time watching movies together or playing board games together. I know I’m being possessive but all I want is to spend time with Kyle and I’ll be the only one who can make him happy. I don’t care what people would say about me quitting school, I keep declining Ms. Dobz calls, even my Aunt called me and asked me the reason why I did what I did and I told him every details why I did that. I asked her if she thinks that I am doing this right and she said that if I do love this person, I need to take the risk because whatever will happen it will be all worth it.

                On the third day, Kyle went to buy something and he accidentally left his phone in the kitchen, I didn’t really touched it or even try to hold it because it would be an invasion of privacy and I don’t want it to be the source of the argument.

                I started to walk back in the living room and wait for Kyle but his phone rang, I look who it was and there was a woman’s name registered on the screen, ‘Ashley’ is the name that is blinking on the screen. I felt the thing to just answer it away and my instincts won over me. I picked up the phone and answered it.

“Kyle, where have you been, I missed you so much.” The woman spoke from the other line before I could even speak.

“I’m sorry but this is not Kyle, he left his phone by accident.” I said politely, thinking maybe this is his sister.

“oh, I’m sorry for the impolite greetings, who is this?” she spoke a little bossy but there was this kindness in her voice or possessiveness to Kyle and this made me a little jealous.

“uhh, this is his,” I search for the right word or rather decent way to introduce myself because I want Kyle to be the one to spill it that I am his girlfriend. But before I could even talk, she abruptly completed my unfinished phrase.

“you must be his new roommate?” he guessed and I’m like: wow, so he’s been talking to someone or to a woman who I don’t know and a girl who gets excited through phone calls and even say ‘I miss you so much’

I am interested in knowing more about this woman so I lied, I don’t care if I snoop. “yeah I am.”

“he told me you live in his house because you were in great need of help.” I just rolled my eyes because truth be told, we agreed to live in my house.

“yeah, uhm you can leave a message if you want.” I said trying to end this creepy conversation with a girlfriend-wannabe of Kyle.

“oh yeah please do tell him this, it’s so rude to leave his fiancée behind and like we are so busy with all the preparations and like he’s still wandering to where place he is and we should be together like we are going to get married, that’s what engaged people do, right?” she said and I can feel her smile but what I feel is my world is breaking down like I want to be buried. Now I know why famous writers describe the painful part like you want to bury your heart so deep just so you won’t feel hurt but the thing is, there’s no way of not feeling pain because pain are meant to be felt. I just froze there, tears started to fall like rain and my heart is pounding erratically and my mind is thinking nothing like I am shut down or dumped. “hello?” the other line called out.

“yeah, sure I’ll tell him exactly what you said. Bye.” Without waiting for any response, I quit the call and put it back to where it was. I just stood like my feet were frozen, my heart is still pounding like drums and my body felt paralyzed.

                I heard the door creak and I know its Kyle. He saw me and smile but then became serious when he realizes I am crying. I wish it was all prank but it didn’t seem to be like that. I wish it was just a joke but who am I kidding, her name is on the screen and marriage is too serious to be a joke. He walked closer to me, I wanted to slap him but my hands couldn’t move, I took a step backward and he made a confuse look.