Chapter 4

Shortly after James and Kyle finished their boy-to-boy talk at the terrace, a car stopped at the house. I went outside to check whose car was it, I saw a woman got out from the front seat and waved at us, followed by a tall man.

“That must be our guest!” Katie excitedly runs back inside to do the final checking.

“Party time!” He’s really unpredictable, a while ago, he was the antagonist person for the whole engagement plan and now, I can feel excitement in his tone but before James could go back inside; I tried to call his name.

“Hey James, you’re not mad at me anymore?”

“What’s there to be mad, Cass?” He winked at me and went back inside, I really don’t get him.  Before Kyle and the other Cass got closer, I felt an arm wrapped my waist.

“Hey babe.” It just came abruptly from my mouth but I didn’t regret saying it and I can feel blood invading my cheeks again.

“How surprising, calling me babe without me reminding you.” Kyle teased.

“I’m just playing with the whole plan.” I pretended that I didn’t care but deep inside my heart is jumping like it wants to jump out from my chest.

-*-

                All of us were laughing and talking while we sat in the living room eating the food I prepared. Carl and Cassandra were spoon-feeding each other while James and Katie tried to eat the pasta individually that their mouth starts eating at the opposite ends until their lips meets each other for a kiss. The atmosphere made me hurt more, I mean; I’m the only one who doesn’t have someone else to kiss. (Kyle, yes he’s here but he just give me looks and then went back to talking to the lovers.)

                I just ate two slices of pizzas when I saw Kyle looking at me intently and it made me conscious if there’s a sauce in my face. Everyone was done eating except me and Kyle; well he didn’t eat at all. I took a bite one last time and Kyle without any permission kissed me. It wasn’t like any other kissed he gave me, this time it lasted longer that I almost lost my breath. The pizza was not yet chewed inside my mouth when he kissed me, my arms wrapped around his neck and my hands holding his hair like it ordered its own will to do it. As he kissed me I can feel that he’s trying to get the pizza inside me, I tried to retrieve it but he’s so persistent in getting it and I can’t hold my breath any longer. I was catching my breath when he freed me, my heart really went wild. I saw him smiled at me and everyone’s face was looking at us and all of them looked surprise but Kyle didn’t seem to mind.

“What? I was hungry and I’m tired to get food from the table.” Kyle looked at me. “Why would I have to get up and get food when it’s just actually sitting next to me?” I can sense his playfulness right now, and it made my heart beat more loudly.

“Oh… My … God! That was totally hot, Kyle!” Katie shouted and gave us a wide smile, while James is still in the process of finding words.

“That was exotic! And I agree with Katie, it’s romantically hot! You’re lucky Cass.” Both of the girls smiled excitedly, and they keep telling us they want more scene.

“Dude, that was gross but awesome!” James praised Kyle and I am surprised that there isn’t any hint of anger anymore from his greenish eyes.

Carl remained quiet and by his looks, I can tell he’s not planning to speak. “Honey, we should do that sometimes.” Cassandra held Carl’s hand and smiled seductively. I can see sadness in his eyes when he looks at me but I didn’t mind him, I was too busy thinking about Kyle.

How I wish, he really is mine to keep. A small voice inside me wants to burst. I keep reminding myself that all of these was just planned to make Carl regret but whenever I try to think of it that way, I can feel my heart being torn-out and stabbed by thousand knives.