The Pinnacle

Quarantine.

That's what Govenor Dooley claimed Riverdale's newest development was on the seziure outbreak that had plagued the town.

From the town of Pep, to the town of Poison- Riverdale was in a state of emergency. All schools and shops were shut down as the residents of Riverdale began to commit crimes in a rouge town with barely any law enforcement.

Jughead had been greeted with the sight, alongside his father, as they raced back towards town after Betty's call from last night.

Alice and Betty stayed with Emma until Fred had arrived. A few hours later, he had just come from saying good-bye to his son for an indefinite amount of time to learning of his daughter's attempted abduction.

"I had Cheryl gather the inner circle Serpents after I left the hospital. Jug, Emma said it was a Ghoulie." Betty said quietly on her phone as she paced in her room. She heard him sigh over the phone, they had stayed at a motel awaiting Riverdale to be in the clear so they could enter.

"Do you think it was because of-"

"What other reason could it be? Why her? Yeah, she's the Serpent Queen, but if they wanted the gang they would've just killed her." She looked in the mirror as she still wore her jacket. "Sweet Pea mentioned that she had shot him on Riot night, but something tells me it's not a personal vendetta."

Betty cleared her throat and looked over towards Archie's room. She knew Emma slept in there often by the amount of activity that only occurred at night.

"The Serpents think it's Hiram hiring the Ghoulies to try and draw Archie back, except for Sweet Pea. No one knows yet about the company, but I don't think we can keep it under wraps."

"What are you guys going to do?"

"Well, right now we are running watch on her, but she has to get out of town."

He hung his head down causing his father to look at him. "There's guys patrolling the borders. And they haven't told us how long it is going to continue. Mr. Andrews lucked out with getting in because one of the cops is friends with Emma."

She sighed as they remained silent on the line, she sat there contemplating on her next move. "I have an idea."

***

Fred sat on Emma's bed stroking her hair, he was fearful of what had happened.

After waking up in the hospital, Emma confessed to her father about the reasoning behind the attempt. She showed him Clifford's fail safe and Hiram's plans for the Southside. It had seemed Emma fully told her father everything in her life.

He had been astounded by the amount of hidden secrets Emma had kept.

Fred sighed and went downstairs to see Betty sitting on the couch with Sweet Pea. "Uh hey, guys."

Betty stood, "Is she asleep?"

He nodded, "Thank you for keeping an eye on her. On Archie too." His soft smile faltered as he stuffed his hands on in his pockets, "I don't know how to protect them. To save them from this town. They had to grow up too fast." The older man shrugged, "You all did, and now this town is filled with evil."

"You must mean Hiram Lodge." Sweet Pea stated causing Fred to nod. "I could kill him." The older man muttered.

Sweet Pea gave him a look that suggested that he would. Yet, Fred looked at him pointedly, "No."

The tall raven-haired boy smirked, "Just say the word and I'm sure FP would happily join."

The blonde girl looked at Sweet Pea with a look of seriousness causing him to roll his eyes and place his hands up in a surrendering stance.