The Budding Professional

"Emma! Em!" Fangs yelled over the phone relieved that strawberry-blond had answered the phone.

Walking out of the dining room, Emma moved out of an earshot from her dad while Fangs blew up her phone with messages before calling her.

"Fangs? What's wrong?" Her voice was filled with concern. Her dad waved goodbye signaling that he would be gone for the night.

"I messed up, Em. I-I'm panicking and I didn't know who to call. Jughead is going to kick my ass and I-"

"Cool it. Where are you?" She could tell her was in frenzy a side of the boy she had never really seen.

"The bunker."

Emma nodded as she grabbed her car keys and rushed out the door throwing on her jacket, "I'll be there in ten."

Racing towards the clearing in Fox Forest, Emma rushed out of her car running through the woods towards the bunker. She was still in her running gear as she dashed towards the opening of the bunker.

She climbed down three steps before hopping off only to be faced with the fear stricken looks of Fangs, Sweet Pea, and Jughead.

Jughead turned to Fangs, who choked out a harsh breath of relief, "You called her?" He was even more pissed.

"I-I was panicking, man."

Sweet Pea hit Fangs in the back of the head roughly, "Dude, what the hell! You can't get her involved." She could tell the two boys were in a frenzy as Jughead looked at her.

Emma neared them, "What the hell is-"

She stopped herself mid-sentence to see Tall Boy bloodied, dead on the floor. This was why Fangs had called her. She looked up at him as he pressed the gun to his head, he was circling the drain and fast.

"I'm sorry, Em. I didn't know that Sweet Pea called Jughead a-and I figured that since you worked at the Sheriff's Department you would know—" It had seemed every time Fangs spoke, his words flew 90 miles an hour.

Emma held up her hands and shushed him, "It's okay, Fangs."

Jughead was at a loss for words. Silence had befallen the three boys as Emma neared the body, mentally confirming that the man was dead. She walked over it that served as a barrier between the entrance and the main part of the bunker.

"I cannot believe you called her!" Sweet Pea whispered harshly.

"Well, you suggested it first. Then you walked away, so I called her." Fangs shot back in a harsh whisper.

Sweet Pea rolled his eyes, "Yeah, and then I said that maybe we should call Jones instead because he was clos-"

"Well, what did you expect me to do? You think I can listen? I just killed someone."

"Yeah, dude, I know. I watched you blow his fucking brains ou—"

"Shut up. Shut up. Shut up." Jughead chanted causing the two bickering boys to stop.

If one thing was clear, Emma was the calmest out of all of them. She held her hand out to Fangs, "Give it to me."

Fangs' hand trembled as he placed the gun in her gloved hand.

Putting the safety back on, she looked at the boy, "Whose gun is this?"

"My dad's." Jughead stated. He had given it to the boys as a precautionary tool while they kept an eye on the older former Serpent.

Emma sighed and held the gun in her gloved hands, "Next time you shoot to kill, don't leave any prints."

Jughead shook his head as he stared at Tall Boy's body, "What the hell are we going to do?"