XLI. Travelin' Man

[Baby]

[This is probably my favorite episode of season 11. I thought it was a nice tribute to one of the most beloved characters who has been with us since the beginning.]

THEN

"On April 21, 1967, the hundred millionth GM vehicle rolled off the plant in Janesville. Three days later, another car rolled off that same line. This 1967 Chevrolet Impala would turn out to be the most important object in pretty much the whole universe." Chuck voiced.

Dean said to Sam and Holly, "Whoo! Listen to her purr."

When young John was purchasing a car, Dean said, "This is the car you want."

"Oh, yeah?" John asked. "You-- you know something about cars?"

"My dad taught me everything about cars."

Sam prayed in the church. "I know it's been a long time. Dean, Holly, and I, we've--we've been through a lot of bad, but this is different. This is my fault, and I don't know how to fix it. We need your help, God. We need to know there's hope."

NOW

The Impala was in the garage of the bunker. Dean and Holly were washing the car when Sam came in to help them.

"Hey." Sam said.

"Hey." Dean and Holly replied.

"Dude, what's up with the shorts? What's up with the Styx tank, Holly?"

Holly stuck her tongue out as Dean answered, "It's a free bunker. Did you find anything?"

"Uh...not on the Darkness. No."

"What about Metadick?" Holly asked.

Sam frowned at her. "You've got to stop calling him that. Still in the wind. No leads."

"Great." Dean groaned. "So we have an ancient evil out there somewhere, just getting stronger by the day."

"Cas is getting better, so there's that. Still wants to fix both your, uh--"

Holly shook her head. "No, I'm fine. 'Sides; I deserve it. Especially with what I did to those people after Charlie."

"I'm fine. Fine. 100%." Dean replied.

Sam looked between them. "Alright, well, he's not. He still needs more time to heal."

"Well...Guess we got nothing to do but get better. I don't know about you, but..Holly and I've got some serious cabin fever. I've washed every car in here twice and Holly's baked enough pies and cookies to last us at least a week."

"Yeah. I know. Well, I may have found us a case. I mean, it's thin--"

Holly held up a hand. "Hey, thin works. Tell us on the way."

Sam, Dean, and Holly drove down the highway in the rain.

"Figures." Dean muttered. "Alright, let's hear it. What do you got?"

"Okay, uh, Quaker Valley, Oregon, town outside of Eugene." Sam began. "Dwayne Markham, the local sheriff, was found in the woods a couple days ago. His body was mauled, so they chalked it up to an animal attack, but I'm thinking--"

"Werewolf." Dean and Holly finished.

"Yeah, maybe."

"Yeah, you're right." Dean agreed. "That is thin."

"Yeah. Probably nothing, right?"

"Probably not." Holly replied. "Oregon, here we come."

Sam reached back and grabbed a smoothie from the green cooler and started slurping.