000

Upon registration, each guest received four gifts. Throughout the whole process, they were all referred to as guests, and never as subjects. A gift is becoming of a guest after all, not a subject.

Yet, the first thing they each received was a cavity search. Then, a set of clothing as their old ones were confiscated. The greeting had been less than warm, but all of the researchers and employees the guests encountered were extremely kind, patient, and apologetic.

Next, each received a band. It was not metal but felt like a blend between plastic and elastic. Initially, the band was transparent, revealing all the wires within. However, when placed upon each wrist, it flashed a colour. Though the glow dissipated, the colour persisted. The band would not come off.

Finally, they received a letter.

Welcome to the TMLT

As the TMLT develops, the rules will become apparent. A brief outline of the policies and procedures follows.

1. There are four bands. Clear, red, blue, and gold. In this order, they are ranked from worst to best, based on the subject's aptitude test.

2. All items a guest might require are available at a variety of stores located in the central hub of the town.

3. The colour of the band will determine the likelihood of the guest's ability to access this item.

4. There is no ability to switch the colour of the band.

~~~~~

Very short, I know, but here is a gift for having completed the relationships form so quickly. Man, this is going to be so complicated and messy, I am here for it! Don't worry, the next chapter will be longer, and better, and posted soon.

Thank you for your patience!