XXXII

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, his fingers gliding through the strings of (Y/N)'s violin

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, his fingers gliding through the strings of (Y/N)'s violin. He opened his eyes, putting the antique Guarneri ( that made Dante even more broke than ever before ) under his left jaw, and tuned it for a few minutes, carefully turning the fragile pegs and gliding the bow against the four strings.

And when he finally finished tuning the violin, he started playing Paganini's most popular Caprice.

However, four notes in and someone was already interrupting him. He heard someone knocking impatiently on the door.

V sighed, carefully placing the violin back to its case, and went towards the door to answer whoever it was. It really wasn't the right time for him to have any visitors, since Nico was away, and no one would be able to entertain them or tend to their needs other than him, and Griffon and Shadow were definitely not an option for that.

But, what if it is her,...?

With a slight ray of hope that the visitor might really be (Y/N), herself, he opened the door, expecting to see her lovely face, wanting to embrace her and welcome her back,...

"Joyeux anniversaire! Joyeux anniversaire! Joyeux anniversaire, (Y/N)! Joyeux anniversa - !"

"Petya!" A tall and haughty woman whispered as she nudged the shorter man next to her who was singing that French song.

The man, who was startled to see V, scratched his head and turned to the people behind him. "Is this the right place?"

"I'm sure of it." A dark haired young woman, who was browsing through a manual of some sort, answered.

"Maybe she moved a long time ago?" A bearded man, who was as tall as the lady who nudged the other guy, next to her answered.

"Who are these people, V?" Griffon, who joined the poet on the doorway to see who the visitors were, asked.

"I,... have an idea,..." V admitted as he glanced one more time at the guests: the tall woman, the short man ( apparently his name was Petya ) who was singing, the dark haired young woman behind them, the bearded man next to her, and an old nun at the back.

There is no doubt about it. They were,...

"No, this is the right place." The nun told them, making them turn to her. "I'm sure of it." She said, then glanced at V. "I believe you know our friend, (Y/N)?"

"Yes." V answered. Not really wanting to keep them standing outside, anyway, he made way for them and invited them in, and a few minutes later, all of them were seated on the sofa, awkwardly waiting for anyone to speak as they fumbled on the things each of them were carrying.