Epilogue

Meanwhile, in another plane,...

"That,... is the most foolish idea I have ever heard." The one in blue flat out told his twin without even considering his feelings, or his opinions regarding the matter.

"Face it, Verge, we're getting a bit older here." The one in red answered as he reviewed the recruitment poster he made one more time. "And these Demons come more frequently than ever before after we got back from the hell hole. We need all the help we could get."

And what Dante was saying was all true. Yes, they successfully severed the roots of the Qliphoth from the Underworld and managed to get out of there after beating so many Demons that came after them horde after annoying horde.

And Vergil being the new King of the Underworld with the demonic fruit he's eaten when he was still Urizen? Oh, no, it didn't help with their case, at all. If anything, the Demons were even more ferocious than ever before. Like, who was this new King? This half - blood who didn't deserve to take over from the great Mundus, himself?

And then, there was that strange dream.

Ever since going back from that awful place nearly a year ago, Vergil has been having some strange dreams he couldn't quite explain. And in these dreams, there's this one woman who was always in it. No matter what he did in those nightly episodes, whether he's reading, watching the sunset, or playing the violin, she's always there, watching him.

But, why?

Vergil clicked his tongue as he massaged his temples. "It is you who is getting old, Dante."

"Whatever." His twin answered, getting up from his seat behind his messy desk and making his way towards the door of his hot and dark shop. "I'm posting this, anyway."

The older brother shook his head, unable to stop his sibling from doing what he wanted. And when Dante was done putting the sign outside, he gave him a glare that could very well stop any normal person dead in their tracks.

"This,... will not work." Vergil warned him for the very last time.

"Says the man who can't even use a cellphone!" Dante mocked as he collapsed on his chair and put his feet up on the table. He fished out the old Bokia model from his pocket and took a good long look at it, squinting his eyes like the "old man" that he was to read what's in it. "Opera mini? What's that?"

Vergil sighed as he shook his head once more.

Not even an hour has passed and someone was already knocking on the door of the shop. Dante excitedly got up and went to the door to answer, and when he finally opened it, Vergil heard her voice,...

"It says you're recruiting for new hunters?" She said.

That voice, Vergil thought. Why did she sound,... so familiar?

"Yes, we are! And you have come to the right place." Dante answered. "Come on in, don't be shy!"

It took Vergil a few seconds to realize that he was staring at her from the moment she entered the shop right up to the moment she greeted him.

But, why? Why did she look so familiar? It's as if,...

... he has seen her somewhere before but, where?