XV

A few hours prior

A few hours prior.

***

“I’ am the villain of your story,… ”

“Useless,… ”

“Imbecile,… ”

“Please, find him and save him before it’s too late!”

“VERGIL! WHERE ARE YOU?! VERGIL!”

“I’ am so sorry, my dear,… ”

“Fulfill my wish, I beg you,… ”

“SWEET PEA!”

You jolted wide awake as you felt a weak electric current run through every nerve of your body.

“Oh, I’m glad you’re still alive!” You heard the Demonic bird as you opened your eyes, letting your sight adjust to your surroundings.

The last time you were awake, you remembered yourself being a bit tired due to your dancing and a bit sleepy due to the cold weather. You remembered V offering you a shoulder to lean on so you could take a nap, and he even offered to read for you to help you relax. You also remembered Griffon settling himself on your left side, squeezing himself closer to you, feeling warm and cozy, and you also saw how Shadow materialized and laid down next to your feet, purring shamelessly loud like the huge, Demonic cat that she was.

Not only that, you could also remember how V wrapped his arms around you as he pulled you closer. You felt the warmth of his flesh, smelled his lulling scent, heard his soft and gentle voice as he read to you,…

… you also remembered how he kissed your forehead as he told you to rest well,…

And now, you stared around the place, feeling as if something was really off in the atmosphere. The air was heavier, and you felt a shortness of breath.

“What happened?” You asked Griffon, your voice sounding strangely hoarse and emotional.

“I dunno!” The bird answered. “I woke up to ya sayin’ some stuff while ya sleep. Then, I saw V,… ”

At the mention of his name, you suddenly felt chills run down your spine. You glanced to your right and saw the man, himself. He was still asleep, leaning onto his cane for support.

But, what really startled you was his hair, which had turned snowy - white, and the absence of all his contract markings.

And most of all, there was a strange aura about him, a very dark and evil one. And it seemed to be the force that kept him unconscious.