XI

You inhaled deeply as you faced the wooden door of the infamous establishment

Ten years of searching, of wandering to unknown places away from home, and it had led you to this very moment.

At long last, you will finally see the man in your visions.

You opened your (E/C) eyes as you exhaled. Yes, there was no turning back.

You lifted a hand and opened the door,...

"Can't you read?" The man, who sat behind the desk, lazily drawled. "I'm closed!"

You raised an eyebrow, wondering whether you misread the sign. You took a step backwards and took a glance at the aforementioned sign outside.

Satisfied that you were right, all along, you warily went back inside, trying to ignore the heat and utter darkness of the building. You took a step forward, your eyes getting accustomed to the limited light, and took a good long look at the supposed owner of the Agency, whose feet were on top of the desk.

"I'm,..." you began uneasily as the man comfortably shifted on his seat. "... looking for someone."

"Sorry, hon." The man answered uninterestedly, his voice muffled by the magazine covering his face. "Don't run a lost and found here. If you're looking for a lost pup, then - "

"I'm not looking for a dog."

The man didn't answer. Instead, he slowly removed the obscene reading material off his face, put his feet back down on the ground, and faced you.

Upon seeing his face, your eyes widened in surprise, then went back to normal in utter disappointment. Yes, his hair's white, he looked tall,...

... but, you were positive he wasn't the man you were looking for all those years.

"Oh, I'm,..." you stuttered as the man raised an eyebrow.

"What is a beautiful lady doing here at my place?" The man's lips slowly went up in a lazy, yet charming, smile as he subtly looked at you from your eyes to your feet, then back again. "Are you lost?"

You took a step backwards as the man finally stood up, towering above your vertically - challenged form.

"I,... "

"Yes, hon?" He asked you, his broad chest already a mere inches away from your face.

"I'm sorry." You managed to say before your senses got knocked out. Now, as he looked down at you with amusement, you realized he looked exactly like the man in your visions. But, what you couldn't understand was the fact that he wasn't the one you were looking for. "It seems that I went to the wrong place."