Family (Vol 4)

It is nighttime on the middle deck of the ship. Blake is at the railing again, only this time facing sideways with Y/n at her side. You watch Sun who despite taking a hard slap earlier was in high spirits.

Sun: Seriously, it was no big deal!

You wish you could be in the same mood as him as he talks to two of the Faunus passengers reassuring them but all you felt right now was an awkwardness as you stood next to Blake.

Sun: Just enjoy the rest of your trip and everything will be cool! We got this!

The two Faunus, a male with horns and a female with rabbit ears, wave goodbye and turn away. Sun struts over to Y/n and Blake.

Sun: You'd think they'd never seen a fight before.

Blake: What are you doing here, both of you?

You: (hesitant) I

Sun: (cutting in) Diggin' the new outfit, by the way! (pointing to her ears) Never did like the bow.

Blake: (slapping his hand away) Sun!

Sun: Geez!

Blake: Have you two been following me?!

You: (glares at Sun) Trust me I had no idea you'd be on a boat. Don't cats hate water?

Blake rolls her eyes at you before you both turn to look at Sun.

Sun: (looking a touch abashed) I saw you run off. The night after Beacon Tower fell. Once we landed in Vale, you made sure everyone was okay and stayed by Y/n's bedside. And then you just took off, without saying anything.

Blake: I had to. You wouldn't understand.

You: (grumbles) Can't understand if your not around to explain.

Sun: No, I get it! The moment you left, I knew exactly what you were doing!

You: Huh? You do?

'Blake smiles at him, pleased at feeling understood.

Sun: You're going on a one-woman rampage against the White Fang!

Blake's happy expression falls and You facepalm.

Blake: (a little bit in disbelief) What?

Sun: You always felt like the Fang was your fight. They show up, trash your school, hurt your friends.
It makes perfect sense! Not to mention Y/n is also going to take them on.

You: (Leaning on rails) Thats if things work out how I planned.

Blake: Y/n you can't be serious.

You: I don't really have a choice here Blake.

Sun: There's no way I'm letting you two do this alone! It's an honorable approach, for sure, but you're going to need someone to watch your backs. And that's where I come in! (putting his arm around both of you) Us Faunus got to stick together, after all.

Blake: You're wrong, Sun. (pushing him off) You're so, so wrong.

Blake turns her back and walks away.

Sun: What are you...

Blake: I'm not going anywhere near the White Fang. Not yet.

Sun: Seriously?

Blake: I need to sort some things out.

Sun: Then why not do it with your team? Your friends? (Points to you) Y/n?