Lost (Vol 6)

In the Land of Darkness at Salem's keep, Emerald is sitting on the floor while Mercury is training around the room with punches and kicks. Tobias on the other hand sat near the window watching grimm form out of the black liquid.

Emerald: I hate being kept in the dark like this...

Mercury: Yeah, Cinder was a pain, but at least she kept us filled in. (continues training)

Emerald: Can I ask you something?

Mercury: You're gonna.

Emerald: Why did you come with us, the night Cinder and I found you?

Mercury: Why are you asking--

Emerald: Just answer the question.

Mercury: Just made sense.

Emerald: It made sense?

Mercury: All my life, my father trained me to be a killer, an assassin like him. And then moments after I killed him, you two showed up looking for someone with my exact skills. Just felt like it was meant to be.

Emerald: (incredulous) That's it?

Mercury: Hey, what's your problem?

Emerald scoffs are Mercury before turning her attention towards Tobias.

Emerald: What about you Tobias, why are you sticking around?

Mercury: Isn't it obvious, he doesn't have a choice.

Tobias: Hmph.

Emerald: I mean, there has to be something you want from this, right?

Mercury: I mean Salem's promised us everything. We win this thing for her, we'll be top dogs in her new world. What more do you want?

Emerald: I just... (sighs) Cinder was the only family I ever had. She cared about me, taught me things... But without her here, I don't know if what we're doing--

Tobias: (still looking out the window) How stupid are you?

Emerald looks at him in glaring upon hearing this.

Emerald: What was that?

Tobias: When are you going to realized you were only tools, Cinder doesn't care about either of you.

Emerald: You don't know what you're talking about!

Leaving his place from the window, Tobias went to were Emerald was sitting and towered over her.

Tobias: Wake the hell up! You are a tool, a means to an end. Cinder would sacrifice you first chance she got if it meant getting more power.

At this, Emerald angrily jumps forward and starts to attack with punches and kicks, but he dodges them and catches her wrist.

Tobias: The truly sad thing here is that you can't even see it.

Shoving Emerald back she falls to the floor, a hint of tears started to form in her eyes as her hands gripped into fist.

Mercury: Well aren't you all mister high and mighty, so tell us why are you still here? What's your end game in all this.

And wry smile appears on Tobias's face at being asked that question.

Tobias: I'm just an idiot the same as you are, the only difference between us is I'm not pretending I'm not in over my head.

Suddenly, the three hear a certain laughter. Tyrian Callows steps out of the shadows with his new metallic scorpion tail.