Ambush (Vol 5)

In the courtyard of the Belladonna home You and Sun were having a quick sparring match while waiting for Blake.

Sun: (Sends out three clones) Get back here!

While a smile you at watched as the clones came diving towards you, only to miss as you used your semblance to drop into your shadow, it took some practice but you were now able to do it at will.

You: (appears behind Sun with sword at his back)
My win again.

Sun: Agh! That's such a cheap trick for a game of tag.

You: (lowers sword) Says the guy who can make clones.

Sun: Yeah I guess so what's it like to be a shadow.

You: Hmm kinda feels like I'm swimming in the dark. Which is ironic because I can't really swim.

Sun: Seriously?

There was a little more to it than what you had said but it would take too long to explain it to him, your attention then went to Blake who had just exited the house.

You: Hey Blake, you ready to go?

Sun: Yeah we going recruiting or what? We've got the entire nocturnal section to hit up!

Blake doesn't say anything, still having a concerned expression on her face. You notice this.

You: You okay?

Blake: Yeah, I'll meet you guys there. I need to take care of something first.

You and Sun share a puzzled look as Blake walks away.

Sun: So should we just go and get started?

As you thought about it, you get a message on your scroll. And to your surprise it was from Blake. It read; Going to meet Ilia, might be a trap.

Sun: What's up?

You: Blake needs our help. Come on and make sure you aren't seen.

Sun: (grins) Have I ever gotten caught?

Timeskip

Blake approaches a darkened alleyway.

Blake: Ilia?

Ilia: I'm here.

Blake draws her Gambol Shroud. Ilia walks out from the shadows with her hands up and drops her black camouflage.

Blake: Ilia, I know you're scared, but you don't have to be. My family and I, we can keep you safe.

Ilia: I'm sorry.

Blake: You can make it up to me by helping us stop Corsac and Fennec.

Ilia: (hostile) No! I'm sorry.

Ilia's right hand curls up into a fist. Footsteps can be heard running on the rooftop next to them. Blake looks up and sees Yuma fly down and land on her back, forcing her to the ground. Blake drops Gambol Shroud which lands at Ilia's feet. Blake gasps, regaining her breath and struggles to get up as Yuma presses his foot against her back. He gets off her as two more Faunus join him. Blake gets back up on her feet.