Chapter 9 - Longing For A Kiss

Emily's POV:
It had been a few weeks since Michelle and I had started dating. I was so lucky to have her. Even though it was torture not being able to kiss her in the studio or when her parents were at her house, I had to do it for her. She isn't ready and that's all that needs to be said. We last kissed around 4 days ago and that's not because we hadn't spent time together, we were together every second we had the chance, but because James is sick and Riley's been needing rides home, so I can't kiss Michelle in the car, her parents aren't at work this week, so I can't kiss her in her house and even when we're out in public she's scared someone she knows will see her and tell her parents. I figured I had to do something. I longed for our lips to be touching again.
After rehearsal, making sure everyone is gone first, I pull her aside, placing my hands on her shoulders and leaning in.
"I wanna kiss you." I say, giving my best puppy dog eyes and trying to hide my nervous smile.
I don't know why I still get nervous, she's my girlfriend now.
I think it's because she's just so beautiful and I can't believe I'm dating her.
She brings my arms off her shoulders and holds them, swinging them about.
She pulls me in closer so our bodies are touching.
"Do it then." She whispers in my ear, her hot breath sending shivers all over my body.
She grabs my waist and pulls me in even further, closer than we've ever been before.
I take her face in my hands and kiss her softly, cherishing this moment.
I don't stop kissing her. I wanted a really good kiss. I had waited 4 days for it!
We finally detach our lips and I place my head on her chest continuing to keep her close.
We were interrupted by someone clapping.
I quickly push Michelle off and look off to the side.
It was West.
"We were uh-" Michelle begins.
"Creating a new duet for two members of A-Troupe." I finish the sentence for her.
West walks over to us.
"You two are horrible liars. You know that, right?" He says laughing. "So when did..." he moves his hand around in a circle gesturing to me and Michelle, "All this start?"
I look at Michelle and she nods. If there was one person we could trust  it would be West.
"A few weeks ago." I say, smiling weakly.
"Why haven't you told anyone?" He asks, confused.
"Michelle isn't ready to come out. I was kind if forced to and I don't want Michelle feeling that same pressure so... we would appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone." I say.
West nods. "Yeah, of course."
He pulls us both into a hug before announcing dramatically that he was only back because he forgot his keys and now he knows a little secret about the two dance captains of A-Troupe.
We laugh at him. West is just so... West.
After he leaves I turn back to face Michelle.
"Now... where were we?" I ask her.
***** Mature *****
She pulls me over to the benches on the other side of the room and sits down, tapping her legs.
I straddle her and begin kissing her again, her hands holding my body close to hers.
It was definitely worth the wait.