Chapter 12 - Regionals

Day 1
Emily's POV:
I walked into the studio with mine Riley's suitcase. She was too busy running in to see James to carry her own suitcase. As I entered Studio B, I saw Michelle and smiled. I hadn't seen her since I heard her say she could fall in love with me because I was busy working with Kate and she was staying late to clean up routines. I went to hug her but remembered I couldn't in public places. I seen Eldon walk up to Michelle.
"Hey Michelle." He says. "Do you wanna sit together on the bus?"
I quickly butt in. No way was he sitting beside her on the 4 hour coach trip. And plus the only other person was Hunter and I wasn't sitting beside my ex boyfriend.
"Sorry Eldon, Michelle and I have to sit together. Dance captain reasons. I think Hunter's free though?"
He nods understandingly. "Okay sorry to bother you. Yo Hunter bro!" He says, turning around.
Michelle laughs. "Do I detect a hint of jealousy Emily Beaton?"
"Me? Jealous? Absolutely not. I don't get jealous." I say.
She laughs. "Okay I believe you." She replies sarcastically.
Kate comes in and tells us to get our cases out and onto the bus.
Hunter, Eldon, James and Riley call the back of the bus which irritated me slightly because that's where I wanted to go but that doesn't matter.
After we get on the bus Kate asks us who wants to share rooms.
I go with Michelle, James with Riley, West with Daniel, Eldon with Hunter, Noah with Amanda and Thalia with Giselle.
"Same as the sleepover." Michelle whispers in my ear.
The seems like such a long time ago.
"One of the best nights of my life." I reply.
She caresses my hand softly and smiles at me.
"Alright kids, when we get there we have to check into the hotel quickly and then get straight to the competition so get some rest because you'll be tired otherwise." Kate says.
"I guess that means I'm legally allowed to fall asleep on your shoulder and nobody can suspect a thing." Michelle says. I laugh and her and slap her arm playfully.
The bus begins to move and I put in my earphones and listen to The 1975.

*flashback*
Michelle and Emily sat at the only table left in the juice bar. It was around 6.30pm and Emily's mom hadn't come to pick her up so Michelle offered to stay with her until she came. "I can't believe you've only been here 2 weeks Michelle! It feels like you've been here for years." Emily says. "Yeah and we've gotten really close I guess." Michelle replies. Emily plays with her hair trying to hold back her smile. She knew she really liked Michelle but she didn't know she like liked her. She had only dated one girl before and it wasn't even that serious. She was just experimenting. "I mean... we don't know that much about each other." She says, trying to distract Michelle from the way Emily admires her. "Alright then," Michelle says, "Let's get to know each other." Emily thinks for a second before saying "Uhh... what's your favourite colour then?" Michelle laughs at her. "That's not what I meant. First thing about me is that I don't believe in small talk. C'mon... tell me about yourself." Emily looks around for a moment, not knowing what to say about herself. She didn't think she was very interesting. "Struggling?" Michelle asks her. She nods with embarrassment. "That's alright Em. I'll go first. I have a cat named Tiggy, I've never dated anyone, my parents are always at work so I mostly have the house to myself which would be good if I had a... significant other and my favourite band is The 1975. Do you listen to them?" "No." Emily replies. "Well I'm gonna make you listen to them and I know you'll love them." Michelle says, pulling out her pink headphones. "I'll put on Girls because I'm 100% sure you'll like that one."

*present*
Emily's POV:
I think about that first moment I was introduced to them and I thought about how it was Michelle that made me like them in the first place.
"They're just girls breaking hearts. Eyes bright, uptight, just girls. But she can't be what you need if she's 17. They're just girls." I sing along quietly to Girls.
Just as I get really into it Michelle pulls out one of my earphones.
"Emily I hope you realise you're screaming the song at the top of your lungs."
My face goes bright red. Everyone else on the bus laughs at me.
"Sorry!" I shout. "You can all go to sleep now! I'll be quiet."
I look out the window to my left, trying to stop myself from getting even more embarrassed when Michelle whispers to me "Your singing was amazing. I loved it."
I turn to my right and smile at her.
"Now... care to share your earphones with the person who introduced you to the band?" She asks.
I nod as she takes my right earbud and puts it in her right ear while my left one was still in my left ear so that our faces were practically touching so they didn't fall out.