Chapter 11 - Date

Emily's POV:
I sat up sleepily in Michelle's bed. She wasn't there. I text my mom saying I spent the night at a friends. She seemed okay with it. I rubbed my eyes and went downstairs, thinking Michelle would be there but she wasn't. I text picked up my phone and texted her.
Me: Michelle where are you!?
Michelle🥰: I'm out babe. Be back soon!
Me: What am I supposed to do!?
Michelle🥰: Make yourself some breakfast
Me: What are you doing out at 6am?
Michelle🥰: Don't worry about it. I'll be back in an hour!
Me: See you then!
I can't believe she's left me alone in her house. This has got to be the most awkward situation I've ever been in.
I felt bad going and taking something out her kitchen without her there so I just went back to bed.
About 2o minutes later I heard the door open and then close again.
I figured it was Michelle so I ran out her room only to halt at the top of her staircase, realising it was her parents.
I run back to the bedroom, quietly panicking. I hope they didn't see me. I could hear them arguing downstairs but I wasn't sure what about. Her mom came storming upstairs, followed by her dad. I hid under the bed knowing I was in trouble. They both came into her room.
"She isn't here." Her mom said.
"She'll be out. She's a teenager." Her dad replies.
As they go to leave the room I look to my right and see the biggest spider I've ever seen in my life.
Emily Talking Head:
I only have 2 fears. Losing Michelle and spiders. In this case it was spiders but what I did next might lead to the other one.
Emily's POV:
I screamed and climbed out from under the bed. Both of Michelle's parents turn around in shock.
"Uhh..." I can't speak.
"Who the heck are you!?" Her dad asks, angrily.
I bury my nerves and begin speaking.
"I'm Michelle's friend, Emily. You guys must be Mr and Mrs Baldesarra." I put out my hand for a handshake. They both ignore it.
"And why are you in her bedroom at 6 in the morning?" Her mom asks, getting impatient.
"W-we had a sleepover. I hope that was okay ma'am."
"You were asleep in the same bed?" Her dad asks.
"N-no sir. I-i slept on the floor."
He nods, giving me a nasty look.
"And where is she?" Her mom asks.
"Michelle? I'm not sure. When I woke up she was gone." I say.
"Is that Michelle's pyjamas you're wearing?" Her dad asks.
"N-no. We just... accidentally matched?" I lie.
"Alright. You can leave now." Her dad says, moving away from the doorway. "I assume you'll see yourself out."
"Y-yes sir." I say, grabbing my things and heading outside.
I didn't have a car so I had to walk back to my house in my pyjamas.
I texted Michelle again.
Me: So... I met your parents... they kicked me out of the house. I'm home now though so it's all good.
Michelle🥰: They kicked you out the house!? And why are they even home!?
Me: Yes and I'm not sure they just walked through the door and came up to your room. I hid under your bed but there was a spider so...
Michelle🥰: Just forget about them Em, I'll pick you up tonight, okay?
Me: So you got your car back then?
Michelle🥰: Went and got it this morning. I'll see you tonight at 7pm❤️
Me: See you then😘
I was smiling at my messages with her when Riley came into my room and jumped onto the bed.
"I know we're not the best of friends right now but where have you been? Not that I don't know already." She says.
"W-what?" I ask.
"Admit it! You were with Michelle." She says.
"I'm not admitting anything." I reply, blushing.
"You're wearing her pyjamas Emily!" Riley replies excitedly.
"How do you know what her pyjamas look like? Not that these are hers." I shoot her a guilty look.
"She's my friend Emily. I've had a sleepover at hers before." She says.
"Were her parents there?" I ask.
"No... why do you ask?" She seems concerned.
"Never mind. Okay I was with Michelle but you CAN NOT tell anyone." I look at her seriously.
She smiles and jumps about on my bed. "I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!"
"How did you figure it out in the first place?" I ask her.
"Well for once you guys are always together, you drive to and from the studio together, you never get juice with the team because you always stay in the studio, just you two alone and the heart eyes are a major giveaway." She says laughing.
"Yeah... I have to work on hiding those."
"I know... it's hard to contain yourself around someone you like. Why didn't you tell me?"
"Michelle isn't ready to come out." I say.
She nods and hugs me. "What went wrong between us?"
"I did..." I say.
"I love you Emily." She says.
"I love you too Ri." I reply, smiling.
Emily Talking Head:
It feels so good to have my sister back.