Chapter 15 -Rekindling

Michelle's POV:
Emily woke me up at 7am. I hadn't woken up this early in years. Stephanie and I always used to sleep in. It was hard not to think about her. I missed her a lot.
"Okay so we're leaving at 7.30am so you have to be ready to go." Emily says.
"You're still very organised, aren't you?" I say.
"Yup, nothing's really changed about me." She replies, smiling before telling me to go get a shower and get dressed.
Once I do that we drive to the studio and Emily tells me how things work nowadays before the kids arrive.
"So umm... yeah that's all you need to know I guess." Emily says. "There's still some spare time before the dancers come in so do what you want."
"How about we uh... rekindle our friendship." I suggest as I sit down in an office chair.
"Uh yeah okay sure." She replies.
"So... what are you into just now? Music? Films? Any crushes? Boyfriends? Girlfriends?" I ask her.
"Well uh- I still like The 1975. Girls used to be my favourite song, if you remember that, but now it's Give Yourself A Try." She says.
"Same here! Me and Stephanie would listen to it on repeat." I sigh after thinking about her again. "Sorry for interrupting."
"No no it's fine. I don't have time to watch films. I haven't had a boyfriend or a girlfriend for years. In fact... I haven't had any at all since... you know. And uh- I have a crush but they don't like me back. Well... they used to but not anymore." She says, looking down.
"I'm sure they'll still like you Em. You're a great girl." I say, reassuring her. I wonder who it is.
"No they don't. Too much time has passed. Anyway. What have you done since 2013?" She asks.
"Well uh I was in a music video. Just a small one. And uh- I got a girlfriend. That's kinda it." I reply.

*Flashback*
Emily kept refreshing the page. The music video would be up any second. She remembered how Riley had told her Michelle was going to be in it. As soon as the clock struck 5pm the video was up. Emily watched in awe as Michelle took the lead in the video. She had grown so much as a dancer in the space of a year. Emily smiled as the video finished. She was so proud of Michelle.
*End of Flashback*

Emily's POV:
"Oh yeah I think I saw that video." I said, even though I knew I had watched it over and over.
I smile at Michelle. She smiles back.
I really wanted to kiss her. I've had the urge to ever since I saw her again. I want to tell her I love her but I know the feelings are unreciprocated.
"So... Stephanie? Michelle, did you really move on that fast?"  I ask her.
"Emily I don't want to talk about that. We were in the past. And Stephanie is my future okay?" She snaps at me.
"I-i know. I just wanna know." I say, my voice trembling.
"Well... I didn't get over you straight away. I-it took a few months-" She begins.
"Did you love her?" I cut her off.
"Yeah... I did." She replies.
"But were you in love with her? You know... was she the one?" I ask her.
Michelle shrugs. "Well... we were dating for a long time but... I didn't know yet. I thought she could be... but then she left me."
"So there's a chance you cou-" I was cut off by the sound of dancers running in. "Never mind let's get out there. It's the beginning of a new dance season so I'm still learning a lot of the names as well."
I walk out, Michelle following me.
"Alright dancers. No messing about. This is Michelle. She's going to be helping out for a while. She's just as important as me so don't be rude to her just because she's not studio head. Okay now we have to get right into it. I already know some of you so I thought it would be best just to pick a dance captain. And that will be... Reuben! So I want you all to warm up, give a few suggestions for dances to Reuben, run them by me then we can get started!" I say.
Me and Michelle went back to the office and listened to The 1975 while doing some paperwork.
Michelle somehow got a paper cut so I took her hand and out a bandage on it. As I took her hand I felt a spark. I think she felt it too because she looked up at me and gazed inti my eyes the way she used to.
Within seconds we both snapped out of it and I cleared my throat.
"We should uh- go see what the dancers are up to." I say, changing the subject.
"I agree." Michelle says, standing up and pacing out the room.
We both completely ignored what just happened for the rest of the day, barely speaking to each other to avoid anything else.
Surely there wasn't a moment between us... right?