Chapter Five "Reno, Really?"

Our flight was in less than two hours and the four of us were scrambling to get everything together. We were supposed to do it last night, but we got side tracked with a competition of who was the best at Mario Kart.

Abby and I were running around our dorm, throwing a week's worth of clothes in a suitcase and the essentials in bags. Her 2005 Sedan was parked in front of the building and the boys were stuffing their things in the trunk.

"Dylan, we have to go!" Abby called, holding her suitcase in her right hand as she stood in the doorway.

I was picking through my makeup brushes, trying to decide which ones I wanted to bring. Definitely not my good ones, I could easily lose those.

"Yeah, I know.' I tell her with a sigh.

She knew I was stalling, but she didn't say anything. She must have sensed by anxiety about this trip. I didn't want to go, not in the slightest, but what she said the other day was true.

In fifteen years from now, I want to be able to say I at least tried to find the father to be apart of my kid's life. I don't think they'd ever forgive me if I didn't.

I throw the brushes in my little makeup bag and place it in my suitcase before zipping it closed.

"Okay, let's go." Abby reached her hand out to me, and I gasped it with dear life.

I was scared shitless for this trip.

We walked hand in hand down the stairs, holding out suitcases in our opposite hands. When we got outside, we saw Nick and Owen standing around the car; the trunk was wide open.

"Ah, there they are! We were afraid you had ran out the back door." Owen yelled and I rolled my eyes.

"You can't get rid of us that easily, Owen." Abby said with a smile as she handed him her suitcase.

He put her suitcase in the trunk, and then followed it with mine before he closed it. He rubbed off his hands as if cleaning off dirt.

"Alright! Let's go." Owen cheered and ran around to the passenger seat. "Las Vegas, here we come!"

Nick and I were placed together (which I found suspicious) in the back seats, while Abby drove and Owen called shotgun. The drive to the airport was uneventful, other than the four of us screaming songs at the top of our lungs. It helped ease my anxiety.

I kept catching Nick staring at me, and through my peripherals, I caught him stealing glances too. That also eased my anxiety.

Owen paid to keep Abby's car in the airport parking lot, so we all gathered our things and made our way to bag check.

~ ~ ~

Once everything was said and done, we were waiting next to the terminal with all the other passengers that will soon be boarding the plane. It was mostly old people, which didn't surprise me.

It was like a bad case of déjà vu, we were even sitting in the same chairs we did just over a month ago when we were flying to Vegas for the first time. It stirred my anxiety; the thought of going back to the same place this whole situated started.

"Are you scared of flying?" I blink and whip my head towards the voice.

Nick was watching me intently, his green eyes twinkling with curiosity. I furrow my eyebrows.

"What would make you ask that?"

"You're shaking," He told me, and I look down to see my leg bouncing. "I figured it was because you were afraid of flying."