2 > friends

I wake up and look around my room. I look to my left and see my girlfriend, Morgan, already on her phone. I simply stare at her. She's a gorgeous woman, I certainly got lucky. Brown hair that goes down to her shoulders. Hazel eyes that make her freckles pop on her well-structured face.

"Good morning, Morgan." I simply say to her and she looks over to me and simply gives me a fake smile. "Alright, well I have to be in the hospital at 6 so, I'll text you when I can." I get up and fix my messy hair, "Have a good day," I tell her and see she's completely ignoring me—as usual.

We have been in a relationship for a while. It's been tough for the last 3 years but we're trying to make it work. I met her while I was in med school, and ever since then, she's stuck by my side.

✰ ✰ ✰

I walk into the hospital and get greeted by all the nurses some of which have asked for my number or asked me out on a date. I set my things down and change into my scrubs only to get paged as soon as I step out of the lounge.

I make my way over and see Miranda there too, "you got paged too?" I asked her and she nods. "Did they check your bags too?" I look around, I've never been down this part of the hospital before.

She nods, "Yes, let's just see what's going on." She tells me and we step into a room to see Meredith cleaning a patient up. Blood everywhere. "Oh, my god." Miranda and I share a look of horror.

"He had a seizure." Meredith tells us, "I gave him lorazepam." She tells us as she continues to clean him up. I look down at the man before turning to Miranda and we both look at each other not knowing what to say.

"Have you paged Shepherd?" I ask.

"I paged you two." She responds.

"Page Shepherd," Miranda demands.

Meredith gives us a look, "The patient doesn't want that." She tells us. The patient just stares up as Meredith keeps wrapping his head. He really needs to be seen by Derek.

I cross my arms as I stand behind Miranda, "Oh, really? He tell you that?" Miranda asks Meredith. Who simply stares at us. I keep looking between the patient and Meredith in disbelif.

"Yes." The patient says, "don't page him. He's terribly unpleasant." He looks at me, "Unlike you sir, you seem nice." He tells me and Miranda looks back at me. She gives me a look and I just don't know what to say.

I just shake my head, "Mr. Dunn is a match for your kid who needs the transplant." This catches our attention. "He's a match." Miranda and I look at the patient then at each other but I don't think this a good idea and I know Miranda thinks the same.

"Right." I respond and look at the patient, "you probably have a brain bleed, which is why we need to get Shepherd in here." I tell him and Miranda nods. "You need to see Dr. Shepherd to live, Sir."

"Dr. Robbins," Meredith calls out for me, "He's going to die anyway." She tells me. I just keep my arms crossed not knowing what to do or say in this sitution.

The patient clears his throat and looks at Miranda and I, "The boy who needs organs I presume want to live. And me? I have organs. I'm ready to die." He tells us with sadness in his eyes.

Miranda and I share a look, "Dr. Grey, can we get a word, please?" I ask her and she nods. Both of them begin to walk out of the room as I hold the door for both of them then close it.