5 > punches

Arizona and I walked into the hospital together. I haven't talked with my sister since Archer came in. She still doesn't know about Morgan, and I plan to keep it that way. Arizona already hates Morgan—this will just make her want to kill her.

Arizona used her Heelys to roll up on Miranda, "This application is the first step in the start of a new life. How we feelin'? Positive? Confident?" Arizona tells her with the usual big smile she uses that I love.

Miranda sees me behind Arizona and instantly smiles, "I am good. Great. Uh, you take care of your own feelings." She tells her and turns back to what she was doing before.

"Peds surgery is super competitive,"

Miranda nods, "That's why I've come armed with letters of recommendation that'll put the competition to shame. Look, Shepard says I'm talented and resourceful, Robbins finds it an honor to work with me every day." She says as she smiles at me.

"You bet it is," I tell her with a wink.

"What about the Chief?" Arizona asks her, "What'd the Chief think?" She asks Miranda as she takes a look at all the recommendation letters Miranda has.

"I'm still working on that," Miranda says.

Arizona gives Miranda the letters back and looks at her, "Bailey, the chiefs is the only recommendation that matters. Everyone on the selection committee works for him." Arizona tells her.

"I know. You clam down." Miranda tells her, "I've got it under control." She tells Arizona. I just stare at the two women before laughing. Arizona turns back to me and slaps me to stop laughing.

"Good," Arizona smiles and turns to look at Miranda again, "'cause speaking on behalf of me, we couldn't be more excited to have you. Yay." Arizona says with a small laugh. She waves goodbye before rolling away.

"Yay," I say as I walk up to Miranda.

Miranda just stares at me, "You and your sister are nothing alike. I just can't believe you're related." She tells me as she puts the papers down and turns to look at me with a smile.

I start to laugh, "Don't worry. You're going to get that fellowship. Your Dr. Bailey, you can do whatever you set your mind to." I tell her with a smile and put a hand on the lobby desk as I stare at her gorgeous face.

I look down and see I'm being paged in the ER, "Well I've gotta run." I kiss her cheek, "I'll see you later." I tell her and she nods and puts a hand on my cheek and smiles before i began to walk away from her.

"Oh!" She calls for me and I turn around and walk back over to her, "Have you and Morgan talked?" She asks me and tilts her head and plays with her fingers as she asks.

I shake my head, "No, she left with Archer last night. So I guess that means we're officially over." I tell her, "I have to go." I say and smile at her once more before walking off to the ER.

✰ ✰ ✰

I walk into the ER and walk up to Callie, Owen, and Cristina who are talking to a patient. "I was paged?" I ask them and they nod, I look at the patient, "Hi, Sir, I'm Dr. Robbins." Introduce myself to him and shake his hand.

"Yeah," Callie looks up at me, "52-year-old male, fell down a flight of stairs. He's five days post-op from a cholecystectomy, which looks to have caused the fall." She explains to me as we all surround the patient.

I look at her in confusion then turn the patient and put my hands on my waist, "Why would have your gall bladder removed cause a fall? That doesn't make sense." I tell ask her as we all look at each other.