12 > George's legacy

I've been out for a while due to the accident that happened. My mother came down and helped me while I went through everything. A lot of things happen at the hospital while I was out. Many good things.

One of the huge things was that Izzie and Alex got married, and not Meredith and Derek. And that Izzie had surgery as well. Like I said, a lot of good things happen.

Arizona came by and told me everything. She mentioned Miranda a few times but I didn't really mind it. Miranda and I kept communication while I was out but it was dry. I miss her a lot. I really do.

George came by a lot. And I was so glad he came by. He became such a good friend of mine while I was out, I really appreciated it. He's kind and funny. He kept me up with everything at the hospital as well.

"Alright, ma, I'm heading out," I say as I grab my coat and head out the door to look at the big bloodstain where I laid that night. It's really big and hard to get out. Images of the night come rushing in again.

"Do you have your coat?"

I nod, "Yes, I do." And I look down at the stain once again, "That's not going away, huh." I tell her as I look up at the door then back down. I run a hand down my face and turn to my mother.

"No, honey, I'm sorry. I know it's just another reminder of that night—"

"No, ma." I cut her off, "It's fine—I'm fine really." I give her a kiss on the cheek and grab my bookbag, "I'm late. I have to go." I tell her and smile at her once more before heading out of the house.

I made it to the hospital and found out I was in Izzie's case today. So I read up on everything that happened to her while I was out. She made the decision to let Shepherd take out her tumor and now she still hasn't woken up yet.

I was heading to the ER when I ran into George, "Hey, dude, how are you?" I ask him as we walk alongside each other. He seemed very perky and happy today. More than normal.

"I'm good. Remember when I came over and I talked to you about joining the army?"

"Mmhmm."

He stops me and I look at him confused, "I joined to be a trauma surgeon. And I report for duty tomorrow." He tells me with a smile. He genuinely seems happy to go into the army. I remember my brother.

A smile instantly grows on my face, "George, that's great news." I tell him and we hug it out, "Congratulations." I tell him and pat him on his back. My smile doesn't fade away, it just grows bigger.

He smiles, "Thank you, Cole." He shakes my hand, "Well, I have to go tell Dr. Bailey, have you seen her? Or talked to her?" He asks me and i look down and shake my head, "Alright, thank you." He says before walking the other direction.

"No, I haven't," I mumble.

✰ ✰ ✰

I finally got out of reading all of Izzie's case and heard that some guy jumped in front of a bus. I suddenly got a page 911 to Izzie's room. I ran to it. I saw Miranda and The Chief running in front of me.

We all entered the room to see Izzie coding, "What happened? Is it her brain?" We all ask Yang and Karev. I put my arms on my waist as I see her vitals. They're terrible.

"No," Yang turns to us, "It's hyperkalemia." She tells us as they lay her down. We all share a look as we see her lying there. My heart aches just seeing her. I run a hand through my face and look at Alex.