6 > far apart

I wake up to the smell of pancakes in my house. I instantly think the house is burning—I stand up. I make my way down to see Morgan standing there smiling and making pancakes, "Morning, sleepyhead." She tells me.

I look around the dirty kitchen, "What are you doing?" I ask her as I take a seat at the table to look at her as she goes around in the kitchen cooking. It's weird to see her cooking, she never does this.

Morgan frowns at me, "Cooking—what's it look like, babe?" She says and comes over to kiss me. I try to pretend like I actually like kissing her but I know deep down I really don't.

We pull away and I get up, "Morgan, I really appreciate—whatever this is. But I've got to be in the hospital in a couple of minutes." I tell her as I get up from the table and take a sip of coffee before looking at her.

Morgan just nods, "Alright, I'll swing by the hospital for lunch, okay?" She tells me and I nod, "I love you. Have a good day." She tells me with a kiss. I fake a smile at her and go up to change before leaving.

✰ ✰ ✰

I walk into the hospital and get ready. I then catch up with Meredith, Cristina, and George. We see Izzie walking by with some interns talking about some patient X. We all look at them with confusion.

I turn to the guys, "What's this patient 'X' thing that taking all the interns?" I ask them as we walk up the lobby desk to stare into the room where all the interns are in with Izzie. They're all looking at some X-rays.

Cristina nods, "And when's it gonna be over? I need minions to do my crap work." She says and makes me laugh. I shake my head as I look down and sign some patient forms that are ready to be discharged.

Alex looks up, "Some new teaching thing."

"You know," Cristina begins, "We're all killing ourselves to get into the OR when's the last time Izzie held a scalpel? She's falling behind. She's like the new O'Malley."  She leans on the desk and we all do the same.

Alex scoffs, "Izzie nothing like O'Malley."

I look at them and then at George, "Hello." He says.

"Okay," I hear Miranda walk up. We haven't spoken since that day... "O'Malley, you're in the clinic. Karev, you're in the pit with Hunt." She doesn't look up to look at us. She doesn't realize I'm there.

"Oh, no, Dr. Bailey, I'm supposed to be on trauma today," Cristina says.

"Save it, Yang. Hunt wants Karev. You and Grey are actually with," Miranda sighs and keeps looking down, "Dr. Robbins and me." She shakes her head not wanting to spend the day with me.

I clear my throat and put my hands in my pockets, "I look forward to working with you too, Dr. Bailey," I say and she looks up not realizing I was there. She catches my gaze. This is the first time I've seen her since that day.

I shake my head and begin to walk off, "Cole!" I hear Miranda call my name. I turn around and she gives me those beautiful brown eyes that make me weak, "I really am sorry, I don't know—"

"It's fine." I cut her off, "If working with me is such a problem—say so—"

"No." She cuts me off, "it's not."

I nod and look away, "Alright then, Dr. Bailey, I'll see you in the patient's room." I tell her and look at her once more, "Tell Tucker I said; hi." I say and walk away from her.