o n e

~•Beginning of 2005•~

"A story has no beginning or end: arbitrarily one chooses that moment of experience from which to look back or from which to look ahead." "Hate is a lack of imagination." "I had to touch you with my hands, I had to taste you with my tongue; one can't love and do nothing."

-Graham Greene

•••

Some lives could have been better if they weren't the way they were.

Some children could have been raised on a sunny bright lawn or could have had friends and family surrounding them or had watched the sun going up the eastern horizon instead of staring at the computer screen and breaking codes.

They could've worn colourful dresses with laces fluttering in the air or could have had large halls to play in.

Or simply could have been blessed with more emotions or have their cheeks, sun-kissed.

But life chooses its role.

Some lives are just not perfect and those imperfections make them important.

And one such life was of Islared Roger, a young girl of twenty-three, an ethical hacker by profession.

__

Isla was born in California and was raised in Chillary. She was certified as an orphan when Jordan Michelle decided to take her in. It was said that Captain Jordan Michelle found her when she was ten years old, on the streets of California- cold and numb.

Jordan Michelle, a 35 years old man, childless, was the assistant of the Chillerian Government. Precisely, president's right hand.

Most of his works included upholding the left out files and nominating other communities for the better functions of their state. Uplifting mediocre slums and making a clear picture of what is called a "strong and beautiful nation."

Jordon's wife, Samantha Michelle was a well known ethical hacker under Chillerian Government. Fed and watered under the pseudonym of Sam.

She used to wear a clean grey suit with a special plain mask to hide half of her face, by just revealing two of her bright eyes. Not much for talking, but simply a lady with class. She was a blonde with a chiselled shaped jaw, hair mostly tied in a neat bun. Her eyes were larger than her nose and amidst her grey mask, her large and bright ebony eyeballs could easily be spotted.

She never attended any of the interviews, neither did she accept any proposals of the meeting - except for one.

And on that rare occasion when she placed herself in front of the Court of Council and was asked to deliver a speech, she said -

"In the world of emotions and feelings which enrobed people's hearts, only the individual who banish them and leap for his purpose is the real winner.
Remember this world will never lose an arrow for your missed aim, either you have to recall your own or have to move on, eventually"

There were rumours about her being the toughest lady still alive. Cruelest of all, yet again, the woman with standards.

At first, it wasn't easy to raise a ten years old kid for any inexperienced women, but time healed the way.