t e n

"In the kingdom of glass everything is transparent, and there is no place to hide a dark heart"

—Vera Nazarian

•••

~•Beginning of August 2010•~

The car stopped.

The cold wind blew through the scorching sun rays as Isla looked out to spot a familiar tall black building.

"We're here" Sam muttered as she stepped out of the car, covering her deep-rooted anger and embarrassment with makeup and elegance.

Isla got out of the car and was looking thoroughly at the black windowed building. It stood there cold and still, just like she remembered.

"Isla, welcome to Chillarian Private Agency" Sam spoke up with bright shining eyes

"A what?" She retorted.

"It's your new school" Jordan added. "You're joining this"

She was a bit taken back by the words with slight confusion.

"But I don't want to join the school"

"No one asked your opinion, darling" Sam replied from her gritted teeth "we're just stating it: kind of introduction"

She finished as she stood straight facing the building. "Today's drama was lit, Isla. You shouldn't have behaved the way to Sofia, we are really embarrassed." She added, "how many times did I tell you  to behave? Urgh!"

"I had to" was all came out of her mouth. "She started it"

"Behave, child!" Suddenly someone yelled behind Sam's back making Isla shudder.

"Ah, Samantha, honey! We missed you so much!" The same voice spoke twice making Sam put up a goofy smile and winked at her. She soon turned around to shake hands with that unknown voice.

"Isla, meet Mr Alley, your new caretaker-come-teacher" Isla turned around to find a mediocre tall of some 37-38 years old man with his jaw clenched. A thick line of white moustache was clinging from whose jaw. His dreamy blue eyes were not so delicate and which looked so determined as always.

Going down from his face, her eyes shifted to his leg; once his leg. His right leg was replaced by a- She gasped.

"Mr Alley meets Islared Roger, your new pupil" Sam spoke up elbowing Isla to greet or at least do something.

"Nice to meet you, Mr Ali-"

"Alley. Jones Alley; senior manager of the Chillarian Private Agency. Nice meeting you, young Michelle."

"No, sir. Not at all. It's Roger. Just Roger." She said fighting back a smile.

Sam's face turned pale. And Jordan gasped with sudden discomfort. But Jones just smirked and managed to walk himself inside the building, leaving all three of them to wonder for air.

"Isla. Red. Roger. How many times do I have to remind you that you're not allowed to misbehave with someone so respected? Do you even know who he is-"

"I don't need to know who he is, in order to know how he is." Ran out of her mouth.

She walked inside the building with two of her parents.  She had no intention to join any kind of school. Or to come in contact with any kind of race- um actually humans. It makes her sick. It makes her feel unwanted. It makes her feel so secluded. She knows she is not social. She doesn't want to be social. It makes things worse. It hurts. It makes her a tiny creature in front of the large empire state buildings, rather.

"Earth to Isla. You there?" She heard Sam's shrill voice suddenly pulling her out of my spiral thoughts.

"Sorry. I was lost in thoughts." She said with at all any apologetic expression.

" Ah, Isla we wanted you to know the scheme of this school so that before anything goes out of your- I mean our hands, you might behave."

"Go ahead" she retorted.

"Don't give me that attitude, young lady. Anyways-" She heaved a large breath before continuing,

"Eight years. You've to stay for eight years for training. No skips. No breaks. No holidays. No nothing. Not even memories. You got me?"

Eight years? That's a huge time. That's a huge time to be wasted in schools like this. Ugh, now it really makes her  feel sicker.

"Sam" Jordan nudged in "Be gentle. Isla, after each four years plan, we will come to meet you. To see how much you've learnt. How much you've been trained. You'll be alright, darling." He said as he placed a slight kiss on her forehead.

These sudden unknown gestures were quite new to her. She knew that he didn't mean it. It was just a pretention. Of course. They should be happy, shouldn't they? They are getting rid of her.

"More like to collect your CVV," Sam spoke up. "After each four years gap, we will be here to collect your CVV before it's too late to submit."

"Sam" Jordan whined. " I think I have already mentioned to you to be gentle. Do you know how to spell that?"

"Obviously, Jordan. It's spelt at G E N T L E." She smirked.

She hates this woman. But not as much as she does to this man. At least this woman straight away tells me that she hates her. And not like this man who is just a pretention. Why does he need to act? He can just tell her?

"Shall we?" Sam gestures her hand as an entrance in front of the main gate symbolising them to enter.

"Yes," she replied breaking the silence.

-

"Name?" The secretary asked

"Islared Roger-" she replied immediately

"Michelle. Islared Roger Michelle." Sam nosed it again.

"Islared Roger or Islared Roger Michelle?" The secretary  finally asked, slightly confused.

"Roger. There's no Michelle here on my name" Isla replied necking in before Sam could.

"Room 4, Section SCI. For ID and name, meet our manager" she replied after a few twisting and turning of the pages.

"Who?"

"Mr Herald Vergera"

•••

—This Part Is Edited—