f o u r

"You are damaged and broken and unhinged. But so are shooting stars and comets."
-Nikita Gill

•••

It is said that often when you open your window at night and you see a slit in the sky, you're in your peak of luck.

Shooting Stars symbolise Good Luck, A change or big event is coming towards your life, it can also be a symbol of endings.

Shooting stars are actually one of the most diverse omens we have throughout our history.

There was also the Perseid Meteor Shower not that long ago, I believe early August?

So given what time you viewed the Shooting star if it was in early august it was probably around the time of the Perseid Meteor shower.

Shooting star symbolises a brief fleeting moment in one's life just like the brief wonder of seeing a shooting star race across the night sky. They can also be a symbol of reaching ones ultimate destiny.

And in this situation what can a little girl expect? If something's going to die then it's probably her left over happiness...

Or if something's going to start that probably it's her new twisted fate where she is no longer a home-schooled kid.

---

~•Mid of May the same day, 2010•~

It's night time, already been 11:30 pm, Isla rose from her bed and opened the window beside her bookshelf. The cold breeze blew in from the far wide range through her open blonde hair. Five years has passed since she came here and still no one considers her as theirs.

She kept in staring at the distant 5 storey building whose lights were still shining brightly. Her cold hazel eyes were not too prominent by then, they were dull and cold. She let out a sigh as she closes her eyes and remembered how her own mother was. She still remembers how her mother's eyes used to look. She only has a faint memory of her though. She remembered how she used to hug her tight on the cold winter mornings, until one day, she just didn't. And no one knew why.

Her mom left her when she was just five. Some said she had some own child trafficking plans or she just couldn't afford both of them. Maybe she now has a husband and some of her kids. Maybe she has a good life|?

" Staying far way from burdens really brightens your life, right?" she thought.

"Glad, she removed the poison" she let out a painful smirk as her eyes watered.

She let out a tight sigh and knots started forming in her chest. She breathed out again. Her mind now was covered with the clouds of her benefactress's words.

So she's going to leave now?

She will have to leave this house?

She will be lonely again.

Just like those five years of her life, after her mother left her, when people used to point her out in the streets and said, "Look her parents left her".

"So, everyone really does hate me, right?" She asked to her own intuition, she was at the verge of the tears.

But neither her lips parted nor her mind spoke and all she could was to stare at the distant sky.

--

It was already 11:45 when Jordan reached home. He was sluggish, tired and frustrated with his works and over which his mind wanders over the high mountains of sadness and the long time thinking about his childhood. He often returns before 10:30, he left his office at 10:30, but today he couldn't resist the charm which his childhood days have used on him.

"I will be a good father." He whispered to him, the tenth time today. He kept quite calm for a long time while driving then finally stood in front of a little gift shop. He got out and consoled his mind,

"Nothing's too late, right? She's still a little girl" he said and smilingly went inside.

--

He reached home at 11:45 with a pink shopping bag in his left arm and steering wheel on his right. He got out and took large strides to go inside. No sooner did he open the door, he found his wife waiting for him in front of the entrance, in the lobby.

"What took you so long? Do you actually have an idea what time it is?" She asked, her brows furrowed and lips curved in annoyance.

"Where's Isla?" He asked, while tightening his grip over his bag.

"She's in her room, why?" Her sharp question made him a bit annoyed.

"None of your business, I guess. It's the thing about a father and his daughter" he said, fully satisfied in saying those two words which meant a world to him.

Sam's sharp eyes shifted from his face to the bag. "What's even that?" She threw a sharp question, while glancing at the bag.

"I guess I was quite clear. It's none of your business, Sam. Now leave the way, will you?" Jordan replied in a tone of don't-cross-your-limit kind of tone.

After a few seconds of thought, Sam left her way and shot a sharp glance to her husband.

•••

-This Part Is Edited-