t h i r t e e n

"I'm your phantom dance partner. I'm your shadow. I'm not anything more."
—Haruki Murakami.

•••

~• Same day, at afternoon at 4 pm ~

Islared was accompanied with Alvin, with his strong arms snaked around her tiny palms.

"Classroom has rules. You can't destroy them, even if you have powers. Patience is appreciated. The more you have patience, the wealthy you are." He said as he walked up the staircase with her on his wooden leg.

"Eight years term. No break, no nothing. You can't leave. Destiny is the mark. You are here cause you are here. Your soul is aligned. Pain and inflammation or whatevers, you ain't allowed to go. If you leave you're a coward." He said within his large breathes as he looked at her with his blue crystalline eyes.

"Listen young Roger, people will never leave a small space for your breathing. You fight, you win. You give up and you—" he said as he moved his thumb through his throat. "Understand?"

She carefully nodded.

"Away and go then!" He said as he left her hand as she stumbled upon the corridor.

"Remember young Roger, not everyone you see is your friend" he yelled as he vanished.

Her eyes widened.

"Mr. Alley?" She called out.

"Vanished?" She thought to herself. "What am I supposed to do now?" She thought as she turned around the corner and started walking towards the given class.

She walked and walked and walked until she bumped into something. Something that wasn't there actually.

She turned dead cold. "Hello, Miss! You must be 00D" said something.

"Wh-wha-at?" Isla started stammering. She was definitely frightened. She started shivering while looking at the void.

"00D, is it?" Said that voice again.

"OOo- whoareyou-ou?" She stuttered again.

"Oh, Miss haven't you received your ID, yet?"

"Errr—?"

"Follow me, miss" the voice said again.

"Wait? Are you gone? I can't see you. Please speak" she nervously started looking around the whole corridor.

"Hellow? Mr... uh-" she calls out again. "Mr?"

"00D, I haven't gone anywhere. I am right infront of you."

"What!" She started looking around in bewilderment as she hurriedly started searching in front of her.

"Leave her alone, Pubon. She said she can't see you. She's new here" said another voice, but this one came from behind.

Isla turned at once yo find none other than Alvareo Alley, the son of Alvin Alley.

"Sir!" Said the voice, "I am sorry, sir. I was just messing around, Miss."

"Apologies, Miss 00D" the voice who was named as Pubon said.

Isla nodded again. She has no idea what's going on.

"Come on" Alvareo said.

"Wh-hat?" She stuttered.

"I said come on. We are late." He further pressurised.

Isla nodded hastily before making out her way to the classroom.

"I don't know if I should ask you this but how did you find me out?" She reluctantly asked.