e i g h t

"I am above the weakness of seeking to establish a sequence of cause and effect, between the disaster and the atrocity."

-Edgar Allan Poe

•••

~•24th June, 2010, at 10 am•~

The day was dull and overcast.

The whole land was cheerful because of the summer holidays. So was the point 003, house no. 007 from the left of the Statue of the great Dog. But summer holidays wasn't any excuse for them.

Isla looked up to take a glance of her step-parents who were busy in packing bags. She remained quite the whole packing session while her mind roamed around the high clouds.

She sighed.

Sam was continuously murmuring under her breath various curses because Jordan couldn't find the passes for their entry while continuing her box packing.

"Ah. Finally!" She exclaimed while fixing the final box with cello tape.

"SAM, WHERE THE HELL DID YOU KEEP THE TICKETS?!!!" Someone cried from the other end of the house.

"SOMEONE SAID THAT, HE'S GOING TO TAKE CARE OF THEM! I WONDER WHO!?" Sam cried out.

Isla blinked and inside her mind she felt like a billion of cells were bursting out laughing but her face was unable to show any interest.

"YEA.. WHO SAID THAT, ANYWAYS?!" Jordan cried from another end of the house.

"I RECALL SOMEONE NAMED JORDAN!" Sam yelled back with a large annoying grin.

"WHO'S JORDON!"

"Fuck you, Jord." She finally mumbled while heading out the hall leaving Isla behind.

She sat up and carefully reached by the sofa and sat down. She could still hear Sam cry out various funny conversation with Jordan. She chuckled in response.

She wonders how it felt to have someone to say funny stuff to, with placing that sorrowful look. She glanced at the surrounding scanning to pick something up to aid her boredom.

All of a sudden her eyes fell on a dress- a pink dress. It had some special floral print near the chest region along with a silk scarf tied near the left side in a pretty bow.

Her face lit up.

She picked the dress up and placed it over her with a big grin on her lips. She managed to walk around the room while finally landing in front of the mirror. She wiggled in the dress with a small laughter escaping her lips. She focused herself on the mirror.

She was a thin figure with blonde curly hair lingering over her shoulder from both sides of the face. Her legs were skinny with a tight jeans covering it. Her skin tone was as perfect as anyone else would like to have, milky white teeth and large brown eyes that blinked twice a second.  Sam never allowed her wear long dresses. She either had to wear black jeans and greyish black t-shirts which were too large for her or she had to tuck herself into some black old hoodies.

Moreover, she was never allowed to go to shopping or even see one. So this dress was a heavenly celestial bodies which might've fallen off from the dark heaven for her. She pulled it over her to cover her tiny skinny chest as the long silky layers fluttered in the lower part. She wriggle with the dress smiling like a fool.

How sweet of a time this was!

After a few moment, Sam entered in her room with her fingers massaging her temples. She looked up to notice her daughter, when her jaw dropped to see her fluttering the dress while her cheeks extended in a smooth smile.

"What no! Keep that down!" She cried out, her face turned into bewildered horror.

A swift shock ran down Isla's spine as she trembled in shock, astonishment and fear. She turned back to find her mother's face completely pale with fear and anxiety while her eyes broadened.

"I-I'm Sorry!" She said while keeping the dress down with utmost care with her trembling hands.

"Those are for Sofia! Not for you!"

"Sofia?"

"Sofia Vergera, the daughter of Herald Vergera, the would-be of Luke Black, you know, the heir of Lehan"

"Oh."

"Sofia is such a darling, Jord specially bought it for her. I'm sure she's gonna love it!"

"Yea, I guess"

Sam nodded in response as she carefully handled that delicate dress as she started caressing it with her cold hands.

"Uh-Mrs Sam, I was thinking if—"

"What?" She said suddenly snapping her gaze from the dress and landing them on her.

"I was saying that if you'd get me one of those dresses—"

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch that?" This time her tone was a bit nasty.

"I meant, I really appreciate that colour and design code of that dress, so if you'd get me one of those—"

"I'm sorry, am I getting that wrong? Did you just say that you want a dress like that, Isla?"

"Eh-yea. That's exactly what I meant there—"

"You, and that dress? Isla, we're already getting late, not a great time to joke here! Moreover, you'd absolutely look like a disaster!"

Sam laughed like this sentence made all her hidden jealousy, anger, grudge, hatred suddenly bursted out through those words.

"You understand, darling?" She finally said in a superficial sweet tone.

"I do"

"All's good then! Jordan, get your ass busy and move out, we are getting late!" Sam said as she got out of her room while slamming the door behind her.

Isla sighed again.

This was probably true, she was really a disaster. An unloved disaster, which somehow started playing like a random CD which was pushed into the CD player.

But this disaster haven't even started yet. She thought as a clever smirk lighted her face as she stood up heading towards the exit.

_