f i f t e e n

"It's stillness and pressure and rhythm and breathing."

~Becky Albertalli

•••

~•Same day, Pertination Party, Great House•~

Sharp 7:00 pm.

There were clouds filling the sky and the moon was hardly to be seen.

"You aren't ready yet?" Alvareo asks again for the tenth time this evening.

"In a moment" she replies duly again.

"Suits ya. Only an hour left for our arrival. Just saying," he says emphasizing the last sentence as he leaves with his black garments and tuxedo with him, "I am going at Percy's, meet ya at the party?" as a matter-of-fact kinda tone.

"Ya" she replies back as she finally jams the signals in her area while seeing him leaving the room.

"Brilliant" she exclaimes as she started logging in into the city cable area to guard and control the city lights and CCTV surveillance.

She puts her right hand on her lap lazily as rubbing her eyes with the other

Her dark room is mostly filled with paper works and various size towels. All her medals and achievements records are now lying barely on her bed.

They have a mere value now. Both to her and to them.

She have to pack them up sooner or later.

The Pertination Party was known as the homecoming party for the city of Chillary. It was quite famous for the younger generation or the coming of age party, to be precised.

She turned  twenty three few days ago and everybody wished her on her birthday, everybody except her own step-parents.

Oxymoron.

Would you like to be alive after inheriting the poison itself? Yes. But to have to returned as to the poison? No.

Her insides are getting heavy for reasons she doesn't know. It's like something would surely go wrong.

Something precious. Something, not so great.

"Young Roger?" A heavy voice brought her back to reality.

"Mr. Alley?" She asks as she rushes to help him with his wheelchair into her room.

"Young Roger" he says again but this time wailing his hands towards her asking her to come to him, "Come here, Isla"

"Mr. Alley" she says as she takes his hand into hers, "You could've called for me, I could've-" Concern ringing in her voice, kneeling down to his height.

"Roger, I need a want to talk to you.." he, breathing heavily between his words, cutting Isla in between.

"Yes, I'm here, sir". She says as she places her hand over his left wrinkled hand, as he clenches her other hand, comforting him.

"Thay the party don't"

She knows what he meant but she further pushed it.

"Why not?"

"Thay the party to the last, no. Run time tomorrow morning, Roger" he heaved a sigh at the end, "don't forget me, Roger." He says as his eyes started watering.

Alvin was the only one she always looked up to. The only one to call as a father, who held her hands during darkness.

Who taught her to grow herself up. Who taught her to speak up and ways to express her emotions in ways that people would take into consideration.