s e v e n

"Cruel people offer pity when they no longer feel threatened. However, kind people offer compassion and understanding regardless."

—Shannon L Alder.

•••

A bond between a human and another human is just like a fairy tale -- never comes true.

People may ask, if you think that an actual bond between two people isn't real, then what are those between people? A fake bond? A delicate relationship? A balanced mutual connection?

I'd say all of them.

Would you ever look at the direct sky on a sunny bright?

Or

Would you like to keep on staring the night sky filled with the sky?

People don't dare to look at the Sun because they are afraid that they might be affected by the consequences.

But why to the moon then?

Because it's delicate. Delicate enough to break, curse and to kill. People hurt the weaker sects because they know they won't be able to fight back.

They bully them.

——

~•The Next day, 2010•~

A million questions centred Jordan when Sam pronounced "ungrateful." No sooner did Jordan open his mouth to speak than Sam interrupted him, "Talk while having the dinner, shall we?"

Saying this, she turned around and went downstairs. Jordan, who was confused by this time followed her aimlessly.

"Have a seat, please", she instructed.

He sat down.  Sam, who already had her dinner, sat down while keeping her elegance and sophisticating gestures.

"Eat up." She said while passing him his plate containing some delicious food. Jordan started eating, completely confused as if of a tamed to.

"Jordan, I have an amazing idea. What if we just send Isla to the Chillerian Private Agency?" She asked keeping her point in front.
Neither too bold not too sly.

"What?" He asked in amusement as he never heard these kinds of words before.

"What are you getting surprised for? Like it's a natural question. You being her benefactor should have a say to this. You know.." hardly did she pronounce the word benefactor when Jordan left his chair and got up aggressively.

"Benefactor? Sam, I am her father!" He said, anger and frustration emphasising on his every word.

"Step-father" she corrected.

Her tone was completely relaxed, calm and collected as if she is marking each of her steps.

"Enough Sam!" He roared as the whole dining room trembling with his voice.

"Ah~! Jordan Jordan. Don't be so frustrated. Have a seat. Have a seat." She said half letter from her chair.

"Jordan, you want her good, so do I. Don' t make me sound like a villain. I am her mother, ain't I?" She breathed out.

"But that girl? She is just using us, for our good well being, our money.  Wh--hat you seriously think that this girl thinks and takes you, of course, as a father?" She continues, leaving him completely open mouthed.

"So you're saying she is just pretending?"

"Oh my god, Jordan, or what else? Don't tell me now that you thought she had her words or did you?" She said in a calm and collected, bold yet while marking and emphasising on her every word, letting our a quick smile at the end.

He stayed silent, feeling lied to. His stomach fell.

"She also said that I don't even deserve to be a mother—"

"She said what!"

Sam silently just nodded.

"And why would she say that?" He said in an i-know-that-you're-lying kinda tone.

"She alleged me of cursing her mother-" saying this she took out her phone from her pocket and kept browsing through it. In the meanwhile, the whole dining room fell dead silent.

"She did not."

"That's what I am saying, ain't I?" She said keeping her hands on the table emphasising her words.

The words pierced into both his ears and heart.

So god never wanted him to be a father, huh? After all this time he was getting laid on false hopes... Having a child is just not on his-

It's like his head was underwater. He couldn't but to feel confused. Rage and anger rising up on his head. He bawled his palms. Anything but today he couldn't swallow a single bit of food.

He have had enough. His face was red in anger and frustration. The veins on his forehead were prominent by then.

"Jordan? You alright?" Her voice was as sweet as a bird, like humming through the light a psiutherism.

"I have been lied to?" Jordan whispered, his voice broke and he let out a cry of disappointment.

"Jordan, what's wrong?" She asked while showing her concern. He didn't seem well to her.

"Sam, I have been lied to—" He cried every room trembled with his rage as his hands started trembling.

"So have I. But nothing is too late. We can still send her to the academy-"

"Can we just not talk about her for now? I'm feeling pathetic. Can you please take me to my room, Sam? Please?"

"But your dinner?"

"I can't swallow anything, please take me to my room-"

"Alright, let's" she held him by his hands and another by his shoulder and they both walked outside the dining hall.

After placing him on his bed she walked out his room and breathed out, "Jordan, I am really sorry. I really didn't intend to hurt you. But this was the only way to let you detach from Isla... Sorry, Jordan but in Profession, there should not be any emotions. If possible, forgive me. But I had to this, Désolé."

A drop of tear formed near the top of her left eye. She took a deep breath and took out her phone and dialled a number.

"Hello?.. yeah, it's me... Your Job is done... You'll meet the new agent soon... Name? Oh Islared Roger Michelle.  Yeah okay. See you, good night." She said and hung up.

She straightened her attire, rubbed her eyes and messaging her temples she took large strides to her room.

•••

—This Part Is Edited—