t w o

~•Begining of 2010•~

"Desperation can make a person do surprising things."

~Veronica Roth

•••

Mrs Sam always wanted to be one of the biggest parts of the Chillerian Government Institution.

She often ran across the office of her husband to give him all of the half-decent ideas about the so-called "bright future" of the Nation. Everyone at the office either respected her or were terribly jealous of her. There was no between.

One day, she accompanied Isla to the President's Office.

As a matter of fact, she always had mixed feelings about her daughter. Sometimes she tore in the joy that her secret desire of having a child was fulfilled, well, on the other hand, she used to curse her for she was in all sense more "talented" than her.

Although her age was only fifteen years, she could easily break any of the monetary security funds just with the use of fingerprints. It's not that she envies her but just something which can't be said out loud.

__

On a sunny bright day, Sam accompanied her to the large black windowed building. The sun was shining brightly but it didn't seem to affect the building or its interior complex.

There were some black cars standing in front of the garage and some oddly dressed people were chatting with a mug of coffee in their hands. On taking a close look, Isla noticed that the building has more than ten storeys ( excluding the ground floor).

Isla's brow furrowed.

Why would her mother come here? And today she indeed accompanied her. Should she suspect her? Should she go ahead and ask her?

Samantha was holding her tiny purse. She powdered her fox shaped jaw a little and applied a skin color compact over it. There was a light blush on her cheeks, difficult to say if natural. Her chiselled shaped side profile was indeed pretty, yet her heart was unpredictable. Her eyes blinked once or twice and she put up a tight lipped smile.

Samantha waited for a while then started to walk in her confident steps towards the main gate. Isla, who was lost in her face, was shocked with the sudden movements. Her hand was entwined with her mother and so she was almost dragged with her.

"Move" was all Sam said to her, sensing her uneasiness, before they both started walking towards the building.

They entered the building. A large smirk covered Samantha's lips.

She examined her perfect bun and her grey tuxedo in the shinny little pillar and admired her beauty all by herself while swinging her head side ways in a rhythmic manner.

Isla, who was literally confused about what her benefactress was up to, kept staring at the her unusual manners, momentarily blinking.

No sooner did she finished to admire her beauty than a black car stopped.

Sam pulled her legs together and in a very polite yet confident manner waited for the man in the car to come out.

By that time, Isla wasn't too cautious of what's happening and let out a callous yawn.

"Shh" Samantha gave her a sharp view which was enough for Isla to compose herself, with furrowed brows.

Why isn't she allowed to yawn?

Soon Samantha sniffed away her sharp posture and collecting her thoughts together, she prepared her retort.

__