Chapter 4- Germany

There was no second-guessing if we were in Germany

There was no second-guessing if we were in Germany. I could hear Agent Romanoff's voice shout over the P/A. "Loki, drop the weapon and stand down." I slide out from under the tarp when Agent Romanoff makes a hard right. I quickly grab the tarp and place it over my body.

"The guy's all over the place." I hear Agent Romanoff mutter to herself.

Hearing static from the radio, a song by AC/DC starts playing on the P/A system. "Agent Romanoff. You miss me?" I hear the all too familiar voice of Tony Stark.

I squeal quietly, trying to contain my excitement. I move my head up and accidentally hit it against the seat I was hiding under. "Ow!" I whisper to myself, touching the back of my head.

"Did you hear that?" Agent Romanoff asks her co-pilot.

"What? No." The pilot answers, shaking his head.

Covering my mouth, I lift the tarp up slightly and see Captain America and Tony walk into the jet with Loki. I notice Loki's scepter and for a moment I gaze upon it in almost a trance-like state. The whispering continues in my head and I lower the tarp. The jet takes off and we make our way back to the Helicarrier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Agent Romanoff continues to fly the jet, I hear Director Fury's voice over the radio. "Is he saying anything?"

"Not a word." Agent Romanoff replies.

"Just get him here. We're low on time." I wince at the sound of Director Fury's voice. He's really going to blow a fuse when he finds out that I stowed away onto the quinjet and flew all the way to Germany. Dust starts to rise up from the tarp. I tried to stifle my nose to keep myself from sneezing but I failed when I let out a loud sneeze and hit my head against the seat.

"Ow!" I shout. "Not again." Feeling the tarp being removed from my body, I look up and see Steve. He was wearing his Captain America uniform but not his cowl.

"Kaitlyn? What are you doing here?" Steve asks.

I slowly get up from under the seat and wave at Steve and Tony sheepishly. "Hi."

"What?! Kaitlyn! You're supposed to be back at the Helicarrier!" Agent Romanoff shouts.

"I know," I say, almost quietly.

"How did you get here?" Tony asks.

"I snuck on here when Agent Romanoff wasn't looking." I say.

"You what?!" Agent Romanoff asks.

"Is there some sort of explanation for this?" Steve questions.

"To be honest, I'm not sure. Something kept bothering me and I decided to sneak in here." I try to explain.

"And that gave you the reason to sneak onto this plane? Have you lost your mind, Kaitlyn?! Fury is going to lose it when he finds out!" Agent Romanoff exclaims.