Chapter 7- Assault

"Did Loki say anything to upset you?" Thor asks as we make our way to Dr

"Did Loki say anything to upset you?" Thor asks as we make our way to Dr. Banner's lab.

"No. What makes you think I'm upset?" I ask.

"Well, your eyes are red. You were crying when I found you." Thor says.

"I'm fine. I'm just...scared of Loki." I say.

Thor places his hand on my shoulder, causing me to turn and face him. "Whatever Loki is planning, I won't let him hurt you. I'll make sure of it. He may be my brother, but I will do everything I can to bring him to justice."

A small smile appears on my face as Thor gives me a reassuring smile back. We make our way to Dr. Banner's lab just as Agent Romanoff walks in. Upon entering the lab, I notice Steve, Tony, and Director Fury were standing in the room arguing about something.

"Loki plans to release the Hulk." I say.

"What?" Dr. Banner asks.

"You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?" Agent Romanoff warns.

"I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed." Dr. Banner chuckles.

"Loki is manipulating you." Agent Romanoff says.

"And you've been doing what, exactly?" Dr. Banner questions.

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you." Agent Romanoff replies.

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy." Dr. Banner says. "I'd like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D. is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction."

"What?!" I exclaim. I knew S.H.I.E.L.D. was conducting experiments on the Tesseract and sometimes Director Fury would bring me along on the experiments to help. But I never knew that they were trying to build weapons. I guess my only worry is did they also use my powers to create weapons?

Director Fury points to Thor. "Because of him."

"Me?" Thor asks.

"Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learn that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned." Director Fury explains.

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet." Thor says.

"But you're not the only people out there, are you?" Director Fury asks. "And you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, that can't be controlled."

"Like you controlled the Cube?" Steve asks.

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is a signal to all the realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war." Thor says.

"A higher form?" Steve asks.

"You forced our hand. We had to come up with something." Director Fury says.