Chapter 9- Rescue

From down below, I could hear people running and screaming as the Chitauri descend into the city

From down below, I could hear people running and screaming as the Chitauri descend into the city. Sounds of explosions fill my ears when I see Tony fly by. He fires repulsor blasts at the Chitauri and spins out of the way while dodging the exploding debris. One man alone was no match for the Chitauri. I couldn't help but smile while I watched the Chitauri come out through the portal. This is what Loki wanted. Choosing Loki's side was probably the best thing I ever did. There was no way anyone was going to be able to stop all of this.

I look down at my arms and see icy blue veins pop out. Shaky breaths escape my mouth as I start to feel the energy from the Tesseract absorb my powers. I notice Loki walking over to the edge of the tower while he morphs into his Asgardian armor. He smiles triumphantly as he watches the chaos that was happening before us. I turn my head when I hear Thor landing on the rooftop.

"Loki! Release Kaitlyn or I'll destroy the Tesseract!" Thor demands.

"You can't. If you destroy the Tesseract, you'll kill her." Loki tells Thor. "There is no stopping it. There is only the war."

"So be it."

Loki cries out as he lunges at Thor and the two brothers begin to fight. Hammer clangs against scepter as a flash of lightning shoots out and a blast from Loki's scepter causes one of the letters from the tower to fall off and into the street.

"Kaitlyn, you must let go of the Tesseract. If you don't you'll die!" Thor shouts.

"She can't hear you. Kaitlyn is under my control." Loki says.

"Not for long." Thor grunts, kicking Loki.

I flinch when I see Tony flying around the building leading a troop of Chitauri past the tower. I fall to my knees when I see a jet fly towards the tower. Looking closely, I see Agent Romanoff and Agent Barton. Strange. I thought Agent Barton was still on Loki's side. They must've somehow convinced him to go back to their side. It would explain the reason for him not being here with us in the first place.

A cannon gun pops out from underneath the plane and fires at Loki. Throwing Thor to the ground, Loki turns and fires his scepter at one of the jet's rotor blades. I gasp when the blade catches on fire and the jet begins to fall over. Hearing Thor yell, he charges Loki and tackles him to the ground. They throw punches at each other. Seeing a giant shadow fly above my head, I look up and my eyes widen with awe when I spot a massive alien creature that resembled a whale come out of the portal.

Flying between buildings, Chitauri soldiers pop out of the creature and land on the side of each building. I start to shake as I continue to take in the Tesseract's power.

"Look at this!" Thor yells. "Look around you! You think this madness will end with your rule?"

"It's too late." Loki says. "It's too late to stop it."

"No. We can, together." I turn my head weakly when I hear Thor groan and see Loki plunging a small knife into Thor's abdomen. He drops his hammer and stumbles back.