Chapter 5- Loki's Play

The jet lands as armed guards and Director Fury wait in the hangar

The jet lands as armed guards and Director Fury wait in the hangar. The guards take Loki once he steps off the plane and escorts him to his cell. I stop in my tracks when I make eye contact with Director Fury. He had an irate expression on his face. I slowly walk up to Director Fury while Captain America, Thor, and Agent Romanoff leave the hangar.

"Go easy on her." Agent Romanoff says to Director Fury before she exits the hangar.

Sternly but gently, Director Fury grabs my arm. "We'll talk about this later." Giving him a sad look, I exit the hangar and make my way to the bridge.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I sit in the bridge with Agent Romanoff and Steve at a table. I look at a monitor screen that was displayed on the table and watch as Director Fury and Loki speak.

"In case it's unclear if you try to escape if you so much as scratch that glass..." Director Fury presses a button on a control panel and underneath Loki's cell, a floor opens up and wind rushes out.

"It's thirty thousand feet straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?" Director Fury pushes the button and the floor beneath the cell closes. "Ant, boot."

Loki chuckles. "It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me."

"Built for something a lot stronger than you." Director Fury says.

"Oh, I've heard." Loki looks up at a camera that was in the cell. "A mindless beast. Makes play he's still a man. How desperate are you, that you call on such lost creatures to defend you?"

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You've endangered a child. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill because it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did." Director Fury says.

"Ooh. It burns you to have come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power and for what? A warm light for all mankind to share? And to be reminded what real power is." Loki says.

"Well, let me know if real power wants a magazine or something." Director Fury leaves the room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Dr. Banner says once the monitor shuts off and I look up.

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve asks.

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard, nor any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth, in return, I suspect, for Kaitlyn and the Tesseract." Thor explains.

"An army from outer space?" Steve says.

"So, he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for." Dr. Banner says.

"Selvig?" Thor questions.

"He's an astrophysicist." Dr. Banner replies.

"He's a friend." Thor says.