21

"Jack ! Breakfast is ready !", I call. I had spent two weeks at Jack's house. And honestly I'd say that me and him have grown closer. I didn't want to honestly because just like Austin wasn't over Ansley, I'm not over him. But Jack has been treating me really well and making sure I was ok.

He came downstairs and I could tell he had just woken up. "What time is it ?", he asked as he hugged me from behind. "It's like 10:26.", I tell him. "Ugh I should sleep in.", he said as he tried to ease on back upstairs. "No sir. You're up now and I just finished breakfast. You are going to sit and eat.", I tell him.

He slowly walked towards the table and sat down. He playfully pouted but then immediately smiled once he saw the food I placed in front of him. "Goodness Cassie. Who taught you to cook like this ?", he asked me. "I'm self taught for the most part but my dad taught me everything I needed to know.", I say.

He looked at me and I just looked down. I haven't told him anything about my family. Not because he hasn't asked but because I'm not ready to open up to him. "Cassie, I wanted to talk to you.", he said to me. "About ?", I say as I pour me something to drink. "About you and Austin.", he said. "What about us ?", I ask him.

"Are you over him ?", he asked me. Why is he asking me this ? Has he talked to Austin ? Or is he just curious ? I decided not to waste his time with this. "You want the truth ?", I ask him. "Of course I do.", he told me. "Then, no, I'm not over Austin yet.", I say. He sighed. He shook his head. "I'm sorry Jack.", I say.

"It's ok Cassie. I'm not upset with you. At all.", he said as he gave me a small smile. I was completely and utterly confused. "I talked to Austin. And I'll admit, I was a little mean to him but we talked things out.", he told me. "You should honestly give him a second chance."

"Why ? He's not over Ansley.", I say. "He is. Trust me, he is.", Jack said with a chuckle. "So you want me to just go back to him ? What about you ? I care about you and your feelings.", I tell him as I sit next to him. "Cassie, I will be fine. Yes I like you but, Austin clearly likes you more. He loves you. Just please listen to me. Go back to Austin. Give him another chance.", Jack said.

I nodded my head and hugged him tightly. I feel like his heart is broken but he's hiding it very very well. "Once I finish breakfast, I'll take you back home.", Jack told me. "Thank you so much. For everything. I don't know what I'd do without you.", I tell him. I kiss his cheek and head upstairs to his room to pack my things. I hope he's right about all this.

@jackgilinsky

93,623 likesjackgilinsky I guess I'll enjoy this breakfast before I have to let Cassie go 🥺 ice cream next week @cassie

93,623 likes
jackgilinsky I guess I'll enjoy this breakfast before I have to let Cassie go 🥺 ice cream next week @cassie.rose 💟😊
View all comments

User1: That looks so freaking good !

User2: Got me hungry this morning 🤤

User3: Did she cook that ?
   —jackgilinsky: Of course she did 😋

cassie.rose: You'll always have a place in my heart Jack. I'm glad we're good friends 💜
   —jackgilinsky: Same Cassie, Same 💞

User4: So no #Jassie ? ☹️
    —User5: nope it's #Aussie !
        —User6: Tf ? We already call Austin that
            —User7: Listen tho You got Cassie and Austin. Put them together and you literally get Aussie.

Edwinhonoret: Cassie is coming home ! 😆
   —Zionkuwonu: FINALLY ! 😭❤️

Therealnickmara: Ugh I missed you so much @cassie.rose 🥺
    —cassie.rose: I missed you more Nick 😭

User8: It's great that Jack and Cassie are friends 🥺 they were cute