30

Hongjoong groans, scrunching his face before he peels his eyes open. He's met with trees and chirping birds, and gasps, sitting up instantly only for his vision to turn black and he falls back onto the ground on his back. He pants, his vision slowly coming back to him as he stared up into the sky.

Yeosang. Asher. Irys.

His wolf jolts forward, making him snarl and stand looking around them. He is met with nothing but large prints in the cold dirt, trees being marked with large claws, and Mingi being tossed to the side like a limp rag doll.

He scrambles to his feet, his wolf still on high alert as he tries to feel Yeosang, feel the rest of his pack, but he can't reach his mate. His mate, his children...

"Mingi wake up," he urges, shaking the red head.

"Yunho it's your turn to change Grayson," the younger alpha moans, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Wake up!" Hongjoong growls, his red eyes flash as his head alpha ability comes out to a pack member. Mingi's eyes flash open, blood red and narrowed as he looks around. He too has come to the realization as he tries to hurriedly sit up, only to be stopped by Hongjoong, "Easy."

"Yunho. Grayson. Zaden," Mingi growls, looking around for them.

"Can you reach Yunho because I can't," Hongjoong looks around, "Where the fuck is Jongho and Seonghwa?!"

"Jongho," Mingi winces as he sits up slowly, "Fuck I feel like I've been ran over by a Mac truck."

"You know where Jongho went?"

"They..." Mingi sighs, "They took him Hongjoong."

Hongjoong snarls, running a hand through his blue hair before he helps Mingi up, "Come on we need to go find the others."

They were quick to shift back, running towards the pack shelter house and seeing a large oak tree blocking the door. Mingi is the first to shift back into his human form, trying his best to move around and with Hongjoong pulling in his wolf form, he pushed.

The doors to the shelter house were still open, and when the tree was far enough from the shelter house Mingi gasps. On the side of the tree where it was facing the door, blood and scratches littered the bark and tore off many limbs. Mingi races to the door, opening it, "Yunho!? Yeosang?!"

"Mingi!?" He heard Yunho's voice call from down the stairs and it was enough for him and Hongjoong to run down them to meet their family.

Mingi made it down first, running over to Yunho who was holding Grayson and Zaden in his arms. He immediately brings them all in his arms and buried his nose in Yunho's neck, brushing it over his mark and feeling his mate's relief. He kisses the top of both of his sons' heads, Zaden wanted to be held by him and he didn't hesitate to bring his older boy in his arms.

Hongjoong stops at the end of the staircase, his breathing became harder as he looked around, "Where's Yeosang."

It was quiet inside there, Hongjoong caught sight of his children and runs over to them, bringing Asher in his arms and a crying Irys. As soon as she was in his arms, she sobs, "Daddy, Mommy!!"

"I know baby," Hongjoong whispers, kissing her temple, "Where is mommy?"

"Mommy went after Youngie," Asher whimpers, "he never came back."

Hongjoong's breathing picked up as realization hit, and then he hears another voice pick up, "They were taken."

Hongjoong snaps his head over to the voice, Seonghwa was in the darkest corner of the room with Wynter in his arms. The little girl was cuddled into her father, her large blue eyes were scanning everything as she suckles on Seonghwa's necklace he had on. She wasn't happy, Hongjoong could tell that much, the little one wanted her mommy.

"What do you mean they took him," Hongjoong growls, his eyes narrowing. Irys and Asher hide behind him, little Irys whimpers in fear at the tone of her father's voice.

"Wooyoung and Yeosang..." Seonghwa swallows, leaning his head forward and burying his nose in Wynter's soft hair.

She whines, pushing him away and looking up at him, "Mum mum mum."

"I know baby you're wanting mommy," Seonghwa whispers, kissing her cheek, "I want him too."

"What. Happened," Hongjoong growls, his voice low in warning and his red eyes flash.

"Wooyoung was scared," Seonghwa started off, "He didn't want to go back down here after the first time and the trauma from his past... I was trying to help Yeosang get him down here because he refused and I almost got him to the stairs..."

Hongjoong frowns, not understanding, until San cuts in, "He fell down the stairs when he tried to bring Wooyoung and Yeosang down. And by the time he got back up on his feet and ran up there the tree fell in front of the doorway."

Seonghwa nods, confirming to Hongjoong that's what happened. The head alpha runs a hand through his hair again, letting out a stressed sigh, "So then what? You said they were taken?"

"They had to have been," Yunho pipes in, holding on to his children and his mate. This was a close call and he is lucky he didn't lose any of them, "I heard one of the bears outside when Seonghwa was trying to break through the tree to get to them to save them."

Hongjoong then notices the blood covering Seonghwa's hands, the many splinters of wood under his nails and busted knuckles from his efforts to break free and save his mate... and Hongjoong's. So that's where the blood came from, Seonghwa was trying to claw his way through the tree to get to them.

"And Jongho? Where is he?" Hongjoong asks, "He was taken too?"

"I already told you Joong," Mingi chimes in, holding his family close, "I seen one of them take Jongho... right before I lost consciousness."

"Fucking-" Hongjoong stands, Irys whines and reaches for him and the head alpha immediately brings her into his arms, holding on to her. Asher hugs his legs, he kneels down and brings him into his arms as well. His children were the only thing that was keeping him sane at the moment. "So we have three of our pack members missing," Hongjoong confirms, "Do we have any idea of where they could've gone?"

It was silent as no one knew what to say, and eventually the head alpha sighs, "Let's head back to the house, we need a game plan. San, patch up Seonghwa so he can start healing and we can go find the others."

He completely missed the look San face as he narrows his eyes to Seonghwa, everyone leaves the shelter and heads back to the house. The kids were still shaken up, and the alphas were still on high alert. Once everyone was home, minus the three, Yunho and San worked to take care of any injuries the three alphas had on their bodies.

Mingi had a few scratches on his chest and a couple deep ones on his back. He lost a lot of blood but it wasn't severe enough to go to a human hospital thankfully. Seonghwa's knuckles were busted open and he had splinters all over his knuckles and even under his finger nails, he didn't loose as much blood as Mingi but he lost quite a bit considering he was clawing at a tree to get to Wooyoung and Yeosang.

As for Hongjoong, he managed to walk away with a broken rib and a few scratches on his back and one on his face. He was an easy clean up for Yunho. Now, the real challenge begins: figuring out how to rescue the three family members from these damn brutes.

****
Written by jinjin0309