Thanksgiving I: The Plan

"What do you mean you don't celebrate Thanksgiving?!" Katherine whisper-yelled, astonished. Jack shrugged.
"We's newsies just don't celebrate it. We's sellin' papes ta survive...we can't afford ta spend time and money on something like Thanksgiving."
"Well this year you will." She said matter-of-factly, standing up and gathering her things. "I'll see you later." And with a quick hug she was gone.
~At the Jacobs' house~
"Davey, I need your help." Davey and Katherine were currently in Davey's room, making a game plan. The door was open per his parents' request, despite his attempt to assure them nothing would happen. "These boys have never had a real Thanksgiving! We need to change that!"
"So what's your plan?" he inquired. Katherine walked over to the blackboard on the wall.
"I'm glad you asked." She smiled, grabbing a piece of chalk. She wrote 'THANKSGIVING' at the top of the board. "I was thinking we could use Medda's theater, since it's big enough for everyone, especially if we're going to invite Brooklyn." She explained, writing as she spoke.
"Brooklyn?"
"Yeah, Race would kill us if we didn't at least invite Spot, and he wouldn't want to leave his boys alone." She elaborated.
"True..." Davey agreed. "Ok, what about food?"
"I was thinking you and I could cook some stuff, we could also buy something from Jacobi's." That seemed reasonable; Davey wasn't a terrible cook. He'd picked up a few recipes from his mother over time.
"How are we paying for this?" He inquired. They certainly couldn't expect the newsies to pay for it.
"I already checked with Medda, she said we can use the theater for free," she started, "And I'm willing to pay for everything else; these boys have become a second family to me. It's the least I could do." She smiled. Katherine turned back to the board. "Now...what about entertainment?" Davey thought for a bit.
"They all like cards," he replied. "We could bring a ball for them to play with outside while we're cooking." Katherine nodded, writing that down.
"Sounds like we've got a plan, Jacobs." she spit into her hand before holding it out.
"Sure do Kath." He smiled, copying her actions, and shook her hand.

A/N: Happy Thanksgiving everyone! And thanks to JustAPanMess for helping me with details!