Thanksgiving II: Set Up & Arrival

Kath and Davey arrived to the theater early.
"Help me unload?" Kath gestured to the carriage, which was filled with items. Davey nodded and began to bring the food inside.
"Hello, Miss Medda!" Katherine greeted.
"Why hello, Katherine!" She grinned. "You can set that down right there." she pointed to a big table. Katherine complied, setting down the box of pies. She then walked into the kitchen where Davey was starting the potatoes.
"Need any help?" she asked.
"Yeah...can you start the turkey?" he asked, continuing to mash the potatoes. Katherine nodded and got to work.
...
The Manhattan Newsies arrived a couple hours later. They were alerted of the guests' arrival when Race came into the kitchen and offered to help cook. Katherine quickly kicked him out of the kitchen, leaving Les in charge of keeping him out.
"Race you can't go in there!" Les splayed himself over the doorway.
"Aww, come'on! I's just wanna help!" Race protested.
"But Davey wants me to keep you out!" Thankfully, Les was saved soon enough.
"Brooklyn's here!" Albert yelled, followed by a 'Newsies of New York!' from Spot, immediately drawing Race's attention from the kitchen. He made a mad dash towards the crowd, throwing himself on his boyfriend.
Les thanked Albert for making his job easier. Race led Spot onto the roof. Jack waved around a very worn-out ball.
"Who's playin'?" The theater erupted into excited shouts as they all piled outside. Jack stood on the fountain so everyone would see him. "Alright! Brooklyn vs. Manhattan; Crutchie, you's the ref!" Everyone cheered and the game started.