Chuulip

A/n: this is long long. you have been warned. also i couldn't be bothered to make this two parts so yeah, long one. Hope you enjoy! :)

tw//: assault/violence, mention of drug use

"My mummy said to her best friend that they would marry if mummy never found daddy." the six year old said, kicking her legs while sat on the swing. "But your mummy found your daddy." the slighter older six year old replied, sat on the swing next to her.

"I think we should make a deal, Jungie!" the younger said, hopping off and standing in front of Jungeun. "That we should get married?" Jungeun easily guessed, and Jiwoo was quick to nod.

With a shrug, Jungeun said, "Okay.", not really even thinking about it.

"Come, Jungie! Let's go play boys vs girls tag!" ever energetic Jiwoo said, dragging Jungeun off the swing she was sat on, calling the boys and a few other girls who were in the school playground.

For the majority of their break time, the two young friends played with the others, sticking close to each other as they ran from the boys, dodging their attempts to catch them. They ran around the playground, holding hands for the most part, up until they had to separate to go different ways around the slide.

The boy chasing after them had followed Jiwoo, leaving Jungeun to slow down and catch her breath. But that was only until she heard a very known voice yelp, followed by soft sobbing and an overflow of quiet apologies.

Jungeun crawled under the slide, running over to and kneeling down by Jiwoo, who was pouting while hovering her hand over the bleeding scrape on her knee. "Wooming, are you okay?" Jungeun asked, glaring up at the boy who was just backing off. "No." Jiwoo said, her tone showing she was on the verge of bursting into tears.

"What did you do?" Jungeun asked the boy, who shook his head, saying, "Nothing! I caught her and she fell, not my fault!". He also seemed like he was on the verge of tears, so Jungeun decided to just ignore him and focus on her friend. "Do you want me to take you to medical?" Jungeun asked but Jiwoo shook her head.

"It's okay, Jungie, I don't want him to get in trouble." Jiwoo said, sniffling. "Why would he get in trouble?" Jungeun asked, her six year old brain not being able to put together the fact that he pushed Jiwoo. "He pushed me, Jungie." Jiwoo quietly said, taking a hold of Jungeun's jumper's sleeve.

Jungeun looked up at the boy, who was clearly scared for himself, while Jiwoo tightened her grip on the jumper, not wanting Jungeun to go. But it was almost too easy to pull her arm back and, doing so, Jungeun got up, walking toward the taller boy. "I said I'm sorry, Jungeun!" he said.

Without much care for him, Jungeun shoved him, hard, causing him to fall back to the ground with a shriek. "Don't ever touch her again." Jungeun said, not really knowing what came over her. The boy, being the child he was, stuck his tongue out and blew a raspberry at Jungeun as soon as he got up, which he was quick to regret.

Turning back to him, despite Jiwoo's pleads for her to stop, Jungeun balled her small fists, swinging them right at the boy's face. The poor child obviously had no knowledge of self-defence, so he had no choice but to cry out and take Jungeun's punches.

Soon, the rest of the kids had surrounded them, alerting a teacher. "Kids, what's going on?" an approaching adult voice said, before an audible gasp. "Kim Jungeun!" the teacher said, having to physically pull her off the boy, who now had a bloody nose and a few bruises - but, not much else since, they were only kids and Jungeun's punches could only be so hard.

"Jungie..." Jiwoo quietly said, watching as the teacher took Jungeun away.

-