Chapter Three

heyyyyoooo ! You know the deal Vote/comment/follow!

I sat there until the food was starting to be served then I got up to go help, to make the feeling of being useless.

I nodded at a woman who worked under my father; she was a lower class Grim but a Grim nonetheless so she deserved respect. I walked up next to her, “What can I do to help?”

She gave me a kind smile and ushered me over to the table laden with food. “You can start making the plates.”

I started doing as I was told, hurrying as people lined up waiting for food. I had gotten through half of the line when Ryan stepped up. I tried not to look him in the eye as I handed him the plate heavy with food, but I failed, majorly. My eyes found his. I felt my eyes widen at the intense look he was giving me, but I quickly ducked my head and went back to work.

I felt him linger there for a second before turning slowly and walking off. Probably to hood up with Fiona, I said to myself rushing to get done with the never ending line of party goers.

The line finally ended and all the women, including me, started to feed themselves. I walked back to my seat by the fire, a plate filled with delicious smelling food in my hands. When I felt something cold wet and sticky fall from the sky and all over me. I looked up gape mouthed at my attacker. It was Fiona.

That bitch!

She sneered back at my shocked face. “Oh I’m sorry I tripped.” All of her friends began to laugh.

My mouth snapped shut. And I saw red. Then it was over. For her at least.

    An unseen force ricocheted out of me and smacked into Fiona. She fell onto the ground and looked up at me with horror filled eyes. I took a menacing step forward, reveling in the power that flowed through me. Dropping my food, I clenched my fists, letting my nails dig into my skin.

    “I am sick and tired of your petty shit Fiona. I will only say this once so you better listen up. I will not stand for your insults, your segregation nor your weak slaps and punches. You will never, touch me, speak of me or even try to plot against me. If you do, I am not accountable for the pain and humiliation you will suffer. Okay honey?” I flashed her my pearly whites. She cowered back and tried to scamper away but I halted her by stepping on her stomach, hard. She gasped.

    “Understand, bitch?” I snarled. I noticed out of the corner of my eye that her friends had backed off, seemingly ready to run away.

    Fiona bobbed her head up and down. He face turning red from pain and humiliation.

    “That is all.” My voice ran cold and hard with authority. I lifted my foot and Fiona dragged herself away and up. She ran off never looking back.

    The power I felt was still there, but it was somehow calmed now and I felt as if I could control it. I looked around and noticed that everyone was staring at me with startled and weary eyes.

    Sighing I turned and started walking back to the house. The crowed parted like the Red Sea, or as if I had the plague. I walked inside and ran to my room.

    I stripped out of my now wet and sticky clothing, and realized I was covered in grape juice.

    I jumped into my shower and stayed for a long time just letting the hot water run over my body. I dressed in my pajamas and flopped onto my bed. Rolling over I looked up at the glow in the dark stars and moon and sun I had placed on the ceiling when I was five. They calmed my racing mind and I was able to drift off into a dreamless sleep.

Before I completely fell under the Sandman’s spell I had one last fleeting thought. I wonder what Ryan thinks of me now.