Dead Sea

This is my first completed fanfic, the beginning might be awful, but I promise you, it gets better! I wrote this story a long time ago so it's probably mediocre and not as good as my others, but I'm really proud and happy I wrote it so enjoy (:

__________________________

CHAPTER 1

* *

I looked in the mirror. I saw myself and George, my boyfriend, walking towards me. I turn around and give a smirk. He kept on gliding towards me. He put his hand on my waist. I stared into he deep chocolate eyes.

George was everything a girl wanted in a guy. Looks wise. He had beautiful semi curly hair that was straight at times. Dimples, lovely bone structure. And the smile of a thousand stars. He was perfect. Most say he resembled Harry Styles. I agree. His personality was almost the same as well. Romantic, cheeky, flirt. But he had one difficulty. He abused. He hasn't done it to me yet. But his past girlfriends. We have been together for 6 months. Maybe I have changed him. He has gotten angry. But never abusive.

George smiled and placed his right hand fingers into my left. He dragged me outside into the pouring rain. It's 3:00 p.m. right now. Where could we be going? Almost everything is closed on a Sunday. We walked past his car. My vintage dress and flats were soaked. My hair was as wet as the ocean, and I was cold. But George was with me. I didn't need any of that. Just him.

We mostly didn't talk during the walk. He still held my hand and we have not come to our destination yet. Where was I going? We were in town now. We have walked almost 7 miles. It's 6-7 I think? I don't know. The rain cleared up and same with the clouds.

"George, where are you taking me?"

I ask him. He turned his head to look at me. He had a kind of glare in his eyes. Something felt weird.

"George I think we should head home. It's getting late and 20 minutes to dark." He never let go of my hand.

We came across this park bench a few miles out of town. I sat down. George kept standing. The moon was full and the stars were out. The lake in front of us looked beautiful with the night sky reflecting off of it. George finally sat down.

"Hey look!" I said. "Theres the Big Dipper!"

George looked at me again and half smirked. He took my hand and began to play with my fingers.

"And there's the Little Dipper right next to it." George finally spoke. He stared at the sky. Gazing upon it. He loved astronomy. I looked at him. Is this why he made me walk 10 miles? To look at the stars? Well I liked it. I'm glad he did.

I took out my iPhone from my pocket to check the time. 9:37.

"We probably should leave. It's getting late." I suggested. He didn't move. "Come on babe lets go." He turned his head and looked at the ground.

"I'm so sorry Adalaide." George mumbled.

"Why?" I asked him. He had nothing to be sorry for.

"Because I don't want to do this." He said. I was so confused at this point.

"Do what babe? Tonight was perfect."

"I just want you to know I love you." George took my hand and lifted me up into his arms.

"I love you too but your starting to worry me."

George walked over to the dock. And got in a boat. He brought me in with him.

"Who's boat is this?" I asked him. I sat on the boats floor. He grabbed the keys from his pocket and started the engine. "Who's boat is this?!" I asked sternly.

"It's my friend Elliot's." he answered. His voice was mysterious. Almost a different person.

We drove off into the water only a few minutes from shore. It wasn't a long boat ride at all. But still it wasn't swimming distance. We were probably a mile or so out. He stopped the boat and got on the ground with me.

"I know you get sea sick." George said without looking over. The rest of the night we stared at the stars for what seems like a good hour and a half. He then picked me up bridal style, and kissed my lips slow and romantically. I grabbed onto his neck and swirled his curls with my pointer finger.

"I love you." He said to me.

Before I knew it I was being tossed into the freezing cold lake with a boat driving away from me.

I screamed and yelled for help but no one came. I didn't even here a cry back. The night sky and two street lamps were the only light I could see now. George left me. I took as many clothes as I could off so they wouldn't drag me under. I took my shoes, socks, and coat off. Of course I had to go under for that. The dress was holding me back on swimming and I couldn't take it off! I tried swimming back but I only made it half way. I began to cry. I never cried! My warm tears stung against my cold cheeks. It didn't even feel like I was crying. I was swimming in place. I can't do this any longer. My arms were giving up on me. They are becoming weak. My face had mascara streaming down with my tears. Everything seemed worthless to me now. Why keep on fighting when I left my home to move in with George? This isn't even my country! I'm in England! I belong in America. Why did I leave? Why did George tell me he loved me and caused me this pain? I cant survive. I can't swim back. Even if I could where would I go to?

So I quit. I didn't care anymore. Honestly it was warmer near the bottom of the lake...

__________________________