Finding Light in Dreams

(seulrene/wenrene)

As Seulgi got down on one knee in front of Irene, holding a small black box with a diamond ring inside, Wendy felt her whole soul completely leave her tiny body. Although Seulgi and Wendy are best friends, they both happened to fall in love with the same woman named Bae Joohyun a.k.a Irene. Wendy and Irene were once together, but since Irene always got overly jealous of other women for being close to Wendy, they broke up, and that torn Wendy apart. After weeks and months of trying to convince Irene to rekindle their broken relationship, Wendy was hurt to discover that Irene decided to give Seulgi a chance, and two years later, Irene and Seulgi's relationship remained stronger than ever.
Wendy had no choice but to accept the fact that Irene was not hers anymore, but that didn't stop her from loving the latter. She would secretly glance at the latter when the latter is not watching, and most of the time, watching the latter smile at another made her heart ache because that used to be her that Irene smiled at.
"Will you marry me, Bae Irene?" Seulgi asked as she looked at Irene, whose eyes were glossy with tears.

Nodding happily, Irene answered, "Yes, of course I'll marry you, Kang Seulgi."

Wendy watched as Seulgi slipped the ring onto Irene's finger before standing up and pressing their lips together.

It was almost official... It was too late for Wendy to try and win Irene's heart now that the woman was engaged.

"Congratulations unnies!" Yeri shouted excitedly as she ran over to the newly engaged couple and hugged them.

Joy walked over and joined them.

Wendy wanted to just walk away and be selfish for once, but she couldn't find it in herself to hurt her best friends by ruining their night. Forcing a smile onto her face, she walked over to the duo with a heavy heart and congratulated them.

Seulgi hugged her and whispered, "thank you," while Irene shyly gave Wendy a warm smile before wrapping her arms around the latter.
Wendy trembled in the latter's arms.
It's been too long since she's been this close to Irene.

Even though Wendy loved Irene, she wasn't the type of person who would intentually ruin a perfect relationship between two people, especially since Wendy loved those two people. She would rather hurt alone than to hurt someone else.

"C..Congrats... Joohyun..." Wendy whispered softly as she stared into Irene's eyes.

Something must've snapped inside of Irene because the smile on her beautiful face fell after hearing her real name come from Wendy.

"T..Thanks... Seungwan-ah...." Irene mumbled back before she stepped back held onto Seulgi's hand tightly.

Wendy nodded as she watched Seulgi and Irene exchange sweet words to each other.

Although there was a smile on her face, it never reached her eyes, which shown so much pain in them.
Seulgi owned Irene's heart and soul now. It was no longer Wendy.
It should've been Wendy.

That would've been her two years ago... if Irene had never broken up with her.

Two years ago, Wendy had prepared something special for Irene. 
"I think we should break up, Seungwan," Irene announced, painfully. "I can't do this anymore..."
"Please don't leave me, Joohyun," Wendy pleaded.
Irene shakes her head, "I'm sorry.... but it's over, Seungwan. I'm so sorry..." she said before she turned her back to Wendy and walked away.
Wendy crumbled onto the floor in tears.

In the pocket of her blazer jacket was a small velvet box with a beautiful expensive engagement ring inside of it.

*****

Wendy tossed and turned in bed before eventually falling asleep.

In dreamland:

Wendy opened her eyes to see Joohyun hovering over her with a smile on her face.

"Honey, you're back!" Joohyun exclaimed, excitedly. 

Wendy smiled before she supped Joohyun's face with her hand.
"You're beautiful, Joohyun..." Wendy mumbled.

Joohyun beamed at the compliment as she leaned down and pressed her lips onto Wendy's.

Gazing into Wendy's eyes, Joohyun pouts, "You've been gone for too long, Wannie. I missed you."
Wendy chuckled, "I missed you, too."
"If you really miss me, then why can't you stay here with me forever? Why do you have to keep leaving me and going back there where you get hurt?" asked Joohyun, confused and upset.

"Because I have no control, Joohyun-ah..." Wendy confessed
.
"Stay with me, Wan-ah... I won't ever hurt you. I'll make sure you receive all the love you need here and you won't ever be sad ever again," Joohyun pleaded as she sat up.Wendy pushed herself to sit up, too.

With Joohyun on her lap, Wendy pressed her lips onto Joohyun's forehead.

"Trust me, if I could, I would stay here with you forever... You're my source of happiness, Joohyun... You're the only light to my darkness," Wendy confessed sincerely with love in her eyes as she stared into Irene's.
Joohyun shyly blushed.

"So... what happened out there?" asked Joohyun, wanting to know how Wendy's day was in the real world.
Wendy frowned sadly, "Seulgi proposed and Irene accepted and now, they're engaged," she sighed.
Joohyun felt heartbroken for Wendy.
"Well, Irene is a fool. She could've been engaged to the most kindest, sweetest, and handsome woman who loved her with her whole heart, but she chose to hurt her and let her go. How could she date your bestfriend knowing that she was hurting you?" asked Joohyun, angrily.

Wendy shrugged, "I probably never meant that much to her."
Joohyun smiled sadly at the younger woman.

"But you mean everything to me, Seungwan..." Joohyun confessed.

"But, you're not real, Joohyun... You only exist in my dreams..." Wendy reminded, bitterly.

"But I make you happy, do I not?" asked Joohyun, cutely.

"You do... so much..." Wendy answered.

"Then let me make love to you. Let me take away your pain," Joohyun insisted as she cupped Wendy's face in between her hands.

Wendy nodded before Joohyun closed the distance between them.
With their lips connected and their tongues exploring the inside of each other's mouths, their hands were busy trying to undress each other.

When Wendy woke up the next morning, she instantly missed dream Joohyun.

She would sleep for eternity if she could choose just to feel happy.
At least in her dreams, Joohyun loves her and would never hurt her by leaving.

While she lived in complete darkness in reality, she found light in her dreams.

Maybe she did lose Irene completely, but in her dreams, Joohyun was always there to comfort her, hold her, and love her.

Without Joohyun and without those sweet dreams, Wendy probably would've died from a painful heartbreak, in which her heart would've collapsed by experiencing too much pain.

Fin.

A/N: Thank you for Reading! This story is made by LollyMez at AFF. Please read the OFFICIAL ones.

Thank you and Credits to LollyMez at AFF