Oceane

2 weeks later.

I'm a doctor.

I'm a real... Doctor.

Under the watchful eye of Dr Ramsey and Doctor Taylor obviously.

But... I made it/

I hope your proud mama...

I had received a page to go to room 116 to one of Elijah's patients. Gently I knocked on the door as I heard gentle laughter.

"So what happened next?" The elderly lady asked Elijah.

"I was grounded of course! My parents were not ones to take such offences lightly." He smiled as he checked her IV bag.

"Oh Mrs Edison, this is Doctor Oceane Smith, the latest addition to our internship program." He nodded in my direction.

"Oh so this is the lady I've heard so highly of. She's very pretty Elijah."

I couldn't help but smile as he tried to hide himself blushing.

"*Cough* I've asked Mrs Edison if you could practice reading and diagnosing her chart and she has no objections. It's crucial to know your patient's chart and if necessary to diagnose quickly." He nodded.

"Of course doctor Taylor." I said as I picked it up.

"Mrs Elaine Edison, 63, elevated BP, swollen joints, stiffness, chest pain and a fever."

"What do you propose the problem is?" He sat on the window sill.

I checked over all her tests and thought for a second. My first thought is arthritis, but the elevated BP, chest pain and fever could be otherwise...

"Rheumatoid arthritis? The stiffness and swollen joints point to arthritis. But the chest pain and elevated BP suggest the heart is at strain, thus the need for an IV and the fever is due to it being an autoimmune disease."

Elijah smiled and nodded "Exactly, Smith. What treatment do you recommend?"

Think Oceane think...

It's on the tip of my tongue.

"A DMARDs? methotrexate?"

Mrs Edison looked at Elijah and said "she's very good Elijah!"

"And that she is. Well done doctor Smith." Elijah nodded with a hint of a smile.

"Thank you, doctor Taylor." I smiled back.

He stood up and said "Let's get that methotrexate. We'll be back, Mrs Edison." He placed a hand on her shoulder before we went down the corridor.

"You were excellent. Be a bit more confident in yourself." He gave me a side look.

"I'll try." I looked up to him.

His pager beeped and he checked it. "9-1-1 in the ER, I have to take this, can you get the methotrexate for Mrs Edison?"

"Yeah, of course, good luck out there." I smiled as we came to the station. He placed a thankful hand on my shoulder and dashed off.

"Now that is one fine guy..." My new nurse friend, Malika Said as she leaned over the service station to me.

I rolled my eyes and said, "Mal, you sound like every girl here." I turned to her.

"So including you?" She raised a brow.

I raised mine and smiled "Enough gossip, I need 2.5 mg of methotrexate for 116 every 12 hours please."