Chapter 3

Gabriella Rodriguez

I walk into the entrance of school and see no one in the hallway. Fuck, class must've started. I start to run towards my class, because I had history first and I really didn't want to give myself a bad reputation with this new teacher.

As i was running, i was approaching a turn. I swear i was running so fast, i didn't even realize i ran into a something hard until after i fell. fuck that hurt like a bitch. I fell flat on my ass, and my books went everywhere. Fucking hell. As I looked up I saw none other than Mr Styles standing there smiling down at me. I didn't even realize he had dimples.

"You should really watch where you're going Rodriguez" he says to me as he puts his hand out for me to grab.

"Yeah sorry, I was running late for your class so I started running because I didn't want you to think of me as a bad student and wow you are a literal rock, I am assuming you work out and-" I ramble as I go to pick up my books. Why the ACTUAL fuck would I say that. I would seriously hit myself right now, but I don't need to look like more of an idiot in front of him.

"It's fine don't worry about it. I'm also running a bit late if you couldn't tell" he cuts off my rambling and also laughs. Great. He bends down to help me pick up the books that I dropped. I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks in embarrassment. 

"Well I better get to class, and you should too." he says as he runs his hand through his dark curly locks, the smile on his face not leaving. He really is hot as fuck.

"Uh yeah, uhm thank you for helping me with my books" I give him an awkward smile and quickly turn around walking off to class trying not to make a bigger fool of myself.

As soon as I get to class, I sat down with a huff and shoved my bag on the ground.

"Woah, you good?" Lizzie asked me clearly seeing me take my frustration out on my bag.

"Yeah yeah I'm good, I just had a slightly awkward encounter with Mr Styles" I said with another huff.

"oooh bitch, do tell" Lizzie says getting excited.

"I was running to class because I didn't want to be late and I ran straight into his back! And the next thing I know, I'm being an absolute dickhead and asking if he works out!" I exclaim getting frustrated with my stupidity.

"well I wouldn't say that's your finest moment... but on the bright side you got to hear that sexy British accent AND you got to feel up his muscles" she says practically drooling.

I roll my eyes and get my books out. Mr Styles walks into class and the class instantly quiets down. As he puts his bag down, our eyes connected. Instantly feeling embarrassed, i quickly darted my eyes away feeling too awkward to do anything else. I could feel my face burning up, and for some stupid reason I had butterflies in my stomach? What the fuck.

The whole lesson he was talking I couldn't stop watching the way his lips move. The diamond shape of his lips compliments the deep pink colour. He was the most attractive man I had ever seen. I wonder what he looks like under his collared shirt. He most definitely works out, so I wonder if he has abs? I would so lick-

"Miss Rodriguez?" Mr styles called out my name. Huh?

"What?" I asked him completely confused.

"I asked you What year did the Revolutionary War begin?" he asks with a slight grin. He definitely knows i wasn't paying attention. 

"Uhmmm" I had not a single fucking clue.

"It started on 1765 and the war ended on 1783" A random girl replied, saving my ass.

"Good job. Rodriguez, I expect you to pay attention from now on" Mr Styles says with a slight smirk, then turning around to write more on the board.

******

School was finally over and I couldn't wait to get out of here. I thankfully only had a short shift at the café today, meaning Elena and Mateo can come with me. After I finished my shift at Sin City last night, I went straight home. Mateo and Elena stayed at Lizzie's house because by the time my shift finished it was 1 am, i didn't wake anyone up, and Lizzie insisted it was fine.

My heart literally fucking explodes because of how grateful I am for Lizzie, Samantha and Rick. I got Mateo and Elena first thing in the morning to take them to school. Their bags were packed, and they were dressed ready to go.

I felt like I hadn't seen them in ages so we all just took our time to get to school this morning, which wasn't the smartest thing. The exact reason why I was late, but its my fault.

I clock on my shift at work for 4 pm, and thankfully i finished at 6:30 tonight. Normally when my shift is shorter, they like to come and help me. The elderly love them, and they give bigger tips, so that's also a plus. 

I got to their school and once again saw them sitting patiently at the bus stop. There weren't many kids there seeing as its already 3:30 and their classes finish at 3. When they saw me they got off the bus stop seats and ran towards me.

"Gabbie!!!" Elena yelled while running into my arms. Mateo also ran over and hugged me.

"Hey guys, how was school?" I ask them as I hold each of their hands walking down the street.

"We started learning division in class today. My teacher said I'm one of the best in the class!' Mateo says excitedly.

"I started to learn about the dinosaurs today. I like the T-REX because he's very big" Elena says while giggling and making dinosaur noises, making Mateo and I both laughs.

"You guys seemed busy today, did you have fun at least?" I ask them.

"YES!" they both screamed at me making me break out into laughter. God, I love them.

"I have to work at the Café today, are you guys okay to come? It's a short shift" I ask them, hoping they cooperate.

"Yes, I like to talk to the old people, they give me candy." Elena says with a smile grabbing my hand to hold as we walked.

******

We got to the café with a few minutes to spare. I go to the locker room to get my uniform and put my bag away. Mateo and Elena followed so they could put their backpacks down also. I quickly changed into my uniform while they just sat there and spoke to each other. I don't really care if they see me change, I mean we don't really get the luxury of privacy at home, so I just had to make do.

We all go out to the front once I had my uniform on. I go up to one of the couples sitting in a corner booth to take their orders. Elena and Mateo trail behind me.

"HI Gene, Patrick, the usuals?" I ask them with a smile.

"Yes darling, thank you. How have you been?" Gene asks smiling while pinching Elena's cheeks, making Elena giggle. I walk off to the counter grabbing two mugs and the pot filed with coffee. 

"I've been fine. Busy with work and school, but fine. How about you? How's whiskers?" I ask her as i'm pouring their mugs with coffee. 

"I've been splendid! I have taken up yoga, and whiskers likes to watch" Mateo and Elena giggle at this. As she's talking i go to the kitchen to grab their cakes, making sure to still listen to what she was saying. 

"Sounds exciting!" I say to Gene coming back from the kitchen with their cakes. Right as I put down their food and drinks the bell for the door rings signalling someone entered.

I turn my head to greet the customer with a smile, but my smile drops and I'm once again met with the piercing green eyes and a dimpled smile. 

"Mr Styles, what are you doing here?"