Chapter 9

Gabriella Rodriguez

I can one hundred percent admit I might have a tiny, TINY crush on Harry.

Okay, maybe a bit more than tiny...

It's been a few days since I last saw him, and the weekend couldn't have come at a better time. I've been swooning over him in my bed, working, touching myself thinking about him, more work, and of course looking after Elena and Mateo.

I haven't seen Lizzie as much as I would like to but considering the fact I'm even further behind on rent somehow, I can't exactly make that my priority, and thankfully she understands.

Today was the first day off I've had in weeks. I know it's selfish of me to not be working right now, but I really needed this break. The constant hours on my feet and being sleep deprived really hasn't benefited my mental health.

Sometimes we all must be selfish, and this is my day.

I was currently lying in bed staring at the roof. It was hot out, so it was just refreshing to sit and relax with the window open, feeling the cool air enter my room.

 I was brought out of my thoughts from a buzzing sound coming from the bedside table. I picked up my phone and saw I had a message. I opened it, instantly making my heart flutter just by reading the name of the sender.

Message Received.

From Harry: Free today? -H.

Never knew that even the simplest of texts could give me butterflies.

Message Sent.

Me: Yes. My house?

After sending my text, I quickly put my phone down before I deleted my message.

Will he take it the wrong way?

I definitely should've suggested a public place.

Shit.

Fuck.

Bitch.

My phone buzzed by my side, cutting me off from my unnecessary chain of curse words.

Message Received.

From Harry: See you soon -H.

I flopped back into my bed letting out a high-pitched squeal, kicking my feet on the covers. I lay in my bed for a few minutes before looking around my room stuck in some gaze until It clicked that the house was an absolute pigsty.

I jumped out of bed, grabbing all the dirty clothes from the floor, shoving them in my closet. I fixed up any mess left in my room. I straightened up the sheets on my bed, then ran straight to the living room.

If I thought my room was bad, I'm absolutely screwed.

I have no idea when he's turning up, but I'm really hoping I have a little while to clean. Dirty dishes in the sink, dirty clothes, old toys, and just random junk were lying all on the floor, couch and table.

I quickly started grabbing as much as my hands could hold, shoving them in draws, some things under the couch and in the cushions, shoving  throwing random things in Elena and Mateo's room.

I was starting to get sweaty and out of breath from all the running around.  How do people willingly run? 

Before I could clean any more, I heard a few knocks on the door making me freeze in my position. I slowly walked down the small corridor, glancing at the mirror on my way to the door making me freeze.