Chapter 13

Harry Styles

WHAT THE FUCK?

What the actual fuck?????

"Harry, please say something" she pleads desperately.

Have I not spoken yet?

"Um, uh... uh hi?"

Fucking good one you idiot. Out of anything you can say... its hi? 

Harry, you're such a dickhead. 

I don't know what I'm meant to say? She's my student for god sake. I will admit, there is an undeniable connection between us, but if I got caught... I don't even want to know what would happen.

"Hi" she says so softly I almost don't even hear it.

I look down, noticing she's still in my lap, making her slightly panic and rush to get off me. We both stare at the ground not knowing what to say.

Where do I start?

I don't know how to feel. Am I upset? Angry? Disappointed?

There's no reason to be disappointed or angry Harry...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a stripper, but there must be a reason as to why she does it.

"Why do you do it? I mumble, turning to look at her. Her stare is locked on the ground in front of us, she doesn't dare look at me. I want her to trust me. I don't know why, but I get the feeling she doesn't have many to trust, and I want to be there for her.

"Gabbie, you can trust me" I turn my body to face her. I gently rest my fingers on her chin, making her look at me. her eyes look sad. She's not crying, but they just look sad.

"I can't afford to look after Mateo and Elena by just working at the cafe. This is quick money. If they get taken away from me, I don't know what I'd do. They're all I have"

My heart aches for her.

"You have me"

"You know as much as I do that I don't exactly have you, Harry. You're my teacher, there's only so much you can do."

Ouch.

"What can I do to help you then?"

I want nothing more than to help her. She doesn't deserve this.

"Nothing," she whispers, turning her head away from me looking at the ground again.

The room was silent. Neither one of us talking.

I don't know how I'm supposed to approach this. Do I approach this as if I'm her teacher, or her friend, or something else...?

I look at the clock on the wall, seeing that it was almost 1am.

"What time does your shift finish?"

She sighs, looking at the clock, "2am"

"Can I take you home? We can get something to eat as well? I'm assuming you're hungry."

My eyes glued to her, watching to see any change in body language or facial expressions.

Her brows furrow slightly, she looks confused.

"Why do you want to help me?" I hear the vulnerability in her voice. She clearly doesn't like to be vulnerable in front of others, but for some reason she is letting me break that barrier.

"Because I care about you"

"you barely know me"

"Then let me get to know you. Please, let me take you home so I know you at least get there safe," I plead, not taking a risk knowing how dangerous it is to walk alone at night, especially for a female.