Chapter 14

Quick authors note before I start:

Mental health check! How is everyone? Even though I take a million years to update, I am always available and my DM's are always open if you need someone to talk to!

Stay safe, you're loved and remember TPWK <3

You can now continue the story!!

Gabriella Rodriguez

I woke up to the sound of screaming coming from the living room making me bolt out of bed. My mind went straight to Elena and Mateo making me instantly panic.

Were they okay?

I quickly reached into my bedside table, grabbing my pocketknife I kept in case of emergencies.

I ran into the living room holding the knife in my hand, still half asleep. I was gripping it so tight that my knuckles were white.

Holy fuck. Will I have to stab someone?

As soon as I ran into the room I was met with Elena, Mateo and Lizzie all wrestling.

You're shitting me.

They all stopped and turned to face me. Confusion on all their faces as to why I was holding a knife.

"Gabbie!" Elena squealed, getting up, running to me and hugging my legs. I released the breath I was holding, still staying frozen.

"What's with the knife?" Lizzie said with a laugh, Elena and Mateo both giggling.

"I-I thought you guys were in t-trouble- what the fuck?" my voice came out rushed, still trying to catch my breath.

I look at the clock on the wall, seeing it was 10:45 in the morning.

That's the latest I've slept in til in ages.

"We were playing wrestling and I won!" Elena shouts in excitement, letting go of me and posing with both arms in the air in victory.

"I let you win!" Mateo says back, defending himself.  Elena runs back over to him and they start wrestling again, me still stuck in my place.

Lizzie gets up, walking over to me, gently grabbing the knife from my grip, "Hey, you okay? Everything was fine. What did you think was happening?"

I'm not even sure.

"I-I'm not actually quite sure, I just thought they were in trouble, and I could n-never live with myself if something like that were to h-happen to them" I quickly said trying to gather my thoughts.

"G, they're fine! Come on, I was going to make them pancakes, you want some?" Lizzie says pulling me to the couch and pushing me, forcing me to sit. Elena and Mateo both jump on the couch covering me in kisses making me laugh.

"Sorry Gabbie, we were just having fun" Mateo says,

"I didn't mean to scream Gabbie" Elena says, both giving me puppy eyes to relax me.

"Its fine, I'm just happy it was me just being dramatic" I kiss them both of their foreheads before grabbing the remote and putting something on.

--------------------------

We had been watching TV all day, eating and played games which was nice considering I'm always working. Lizzie stayed for most of the day but then left. It was also really good because I hadn't seen nor spoken to her for a little while. I was meant to be at the café, but Jessica called me saying I could have the day off because it wasn't busy there, which I was extremely grateful for. I also thankfully don't have a shift at the club today, so today has just been a good day.