Peppermint Candy Cane Brownies

Peppermint candy cane brownies are super fudgy brownies topped with sweet peppermint frosting, chocolate ganache and sprinkled with crushed candy canes to dress them up for the holidays. These Peppermint Candy Cane Brownies are perfect for any party.

~Ingredients:

-Brownie Mix:*

1 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour.

1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder.

1/4 Teaspoon Salt.

4 (1 Ounce) Squares Unsweetened Chocolate.**

1 Cup Unsalted Butter.

4 Eggs.

2 Cups Granulated Sugar.

1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract.

-Frosting:

2 Cups Powdered Sugar.

1/4 Cup Butter, softened.

1 1/2 Teaspoons Peppermint Extract.

1 1/2 Tablespoons Milk.

Red Food Coloring.

-Chocolate Glaze:

6 Ounces Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips.*** 

6 Tablespoons Butter.

-Topping:

1/2 - 1 Cup Candy Canes, crushed.

~Directions:

Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Line a 9 inch by 13 inch pan with parchment paper or aluminium foil and grease lightly. Leave enough aluminum foil overhanging on the sides to lift the brownies out of the pan. Set aside.

~Making the Brownies:

Step 2Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

Step 3Chop the baking chocolate squares and butter into chunks and place in a microwave safe bowl. 

Step 4Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until just melted and smooth. Set aside to cool, stirring occasionally.

Step 5In a separate bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla for 2 minutes. 

Step 6While the mixer is running, slowly add the melted chocolate and beat to combine. 

Step 7With the mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture and mix just until combined. 

Step 8Pour into the prepared pan. 

Step 9Bake for 20 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick poked in the center comes out mostly clean. Don't over bake! 

Step 10When brownies are done, cool on a wire rack. 

Step 11When completely cool, put in the fridge to chill, this will make spreading the frosting easier.

~Making the Peppermint Frosting:

Step 12Combine all frosting ingredients and beat until light and fluffy.

Step 13Add more milk a teaspoon at a time if needed. 

Step 14Spread evenly over the chilled brownies and place them back in the fridge to chill again while you make the chocolate glaze.

~Making the Chocolate Glaze:

Step 15Place chocolate chips and the butter in a microwave safe bowl. 

Step 16Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until just melted and smooth. Set aside to cool for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Step 17Once cooled then quickly spread on top of the brownies.

Step 18Sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top and return to the fridge to cool. 

Step 19When chocolate has hardened, use the extra edge of the aluminum foil to remove the entire sheet of brownies from the pan. 

Step 20Cut into squares and serve.****

Step 21Eat and Enjoy!

Step 21: Eat and Enjoy!

~Recipe Notes:

~Recipe Notes:

*You can use a box mix brownies or make it from scratch either using this recipe or your own recipe.

**You need a total of 4 ounces of chocolate overall, just in case you are confused.

***You can use any type of chocolate (Semi Sweet Chocolate, Dark Chocolate etc...).

****Cut the brownies while they are cold and put them on a serving tray. Then keep them cold until it's time to serve them because if it's at room temperature the frosting will start to ooze out and the chocolate layer will slide around when it was time to serve them.

Enjoy!

Please leave us a picture in the comments below if you make it or have any questions!

XoXo Hannah and Hailey :)