Chats

Not verbal ones, electronic ones. The foundation on what friendships work on. The one reason why people chat 24/7 on computers and phones is because they are too scared to either say something stupid, embarrassing, or are just too scared to talk about their feelings in person. I've been there. 

Hangouts -- Probably the most common used chat last year. Eventually parents found out resulting in teachers finding out. Teachers would say to leave all the chats that involve other students. Now it is still used but only very small groups are used and half of people's contacts barely go online. Now, hangouts is used for more arguing than for chatting. 

Email - Used to be a big deal in 4th grade with lots of unnecessary comments involved on email. The teachers found out and made a stop to it. in 5th grade no one emailed each other and when I mean no one, I mean literally no one. In 6th grade it came back because a bunch of new people came to school. Now 7th grade, most of those new people left! So basically only 4 or 5 people in total email each other. The rest jest ignore the emails.

Docs - Brought in 6th grade. First they were just created to talk for people in separate classes. Eventually, they started adding their names along with personal chatting sections. They first were called "Doc" or "Stuff/Conversations". Now they are all mostly consisted of one boy and one girl. And all in all, they would name the document with the letters of their first name.

Then students would email and go on docs whenever they felt like it even if one hundred people were watching them. Then everyone knew who was chatting with who. Then it led to shipping which I will talk about in a different chapter. 

Every student in my class for I know, has interacted with one of these 3 ways to chat